Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Burning sensation in calf/ankle.

(5 Posts)
Syd35 Fri 05-Dec-14 19:22:12

Not sure if this is pregnancy related or not but for the last few weeks I have had an intermittent burning sort of sensation around my left calf/ankle area.

It isn't exactly painful but it isn't a nice feeling either. As I said it comes and goes and I don't feel it when sitting down it's more when I get up and walk around.

Wondering what is causing this and if I should get it checked out. Anyone else experienced anything like this?

TheScenicRoute Sat 06-Dec-14 08:54:24

How many weeks pregnant are you?

Is the sore area red or hard? The intermittent pain sounds promising, if you'd have said it was constant I'd have marched you straight to the weekend doctors Incase it was a DVT. It's worth bearing in mind particularly if you are middle to late pregnancy, and it's sore and warm/hot and hard.

Syd35 Sat 06-Dec-14 13:45:56

Thanks for the reply Scenic I am 15 weeks today.

No it's not sore, hot or hard, it's hard to explain really, it's like a burning sensation without the heat if that makes sense.

Gosh that had crossed my mind about DVT too, I will mention it at next MW appointment unless it gets any worse beforehand.

ToastyFingers Sat 06-Dec-14 15:56:46

I had/have this, its nerve pain apparently.
Does it feel like something hot running down your leg, but not hot to the touch iyswim?

Syd35 Sat 06-Dec-14 16:41:57

Hi Toasty no not quite like that more a localised burning kind of feeling. Really hard to describe.

I did call the midwives unit this afternoon to explain and they weren't too concerned. Told me to go to A&E or my GP next week if I'm still being bothered by it. They said a DVT would most likely cause swelling, redness, hot to touch.

Got me a bit worried now so trying not to over-analyse it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now