Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Whooping cough jab

(9 Posts)
beth1987 Fri 05-Dec-14 18:15:03

Just a quick one! Had my whooping cough (and practically everything else known to man) jab on wed. Completely worn off now, slight bruise. Was a bit worried as had only heard bad things as I have a physical job that it would be a right pain and I couldn't get an appointment on a friday (so I could recover over the weekend) but thought I would give people a heads up of a good experience!

LittleRedRidingHoodie Fri 05-Dec-14 18:21:08

That's good, I've got mine coming up two days before Christmas and I was thinking I'd be I'll over Christmas. Thanks for letting us know something smile

mangoespadrille Fri 05-Dec-14 18:22:50

Ditto! No pain/side effects whatsoever.

woodwaj Fri 05-Dec-14 18:34:03

I had mine yesterday. Bit sore but fine. I'm 99% sure im going to wake up with a cold tomorrow but highly unlikely its related

naty1 Fri 05-Dec-14 19:23:35

Does mw sort it or do you request from gp?

beth1987 Fri 05-Dec-14 20:54:10

Booked with nurse at doctors.

TheScenicRoute Sat 06-Dec-14 08:50:26

I'm the same, i had mine and the flu jab on Thurs, my arm is sore when i lye on it, and if I have to reach for something above my head, but other than that no probs. the flu jab arm is less sore, was just for a day that it ached.

tuffgingernut Sat 06-Dec-14 09:23:33

Same here had mine a few weeks ago, nothing more than an achy arm. Nurse also said that I would be unlikely to have any side effects with this jab.

houghtonk76 Sat 06-Dec-14 09:33:06

Had flu jab Monday, bit sore for few days, but fine otherwise. Whooping Cough jab coming up in 5 weeks (ish). Booked my flu jab with nurse at GP surgery as have it every year anyway due to asthma & thyroid condition. Want the Whooping Cough one as my sister had this really bad when she was little, is 27 now, but diagnosed Type 1 diabetic when she was 5 so, like me was often poorly with colds etc. when we were kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now