Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

That's it I gave in!

(30 Posts)
ILiveOnABuildsite Fri 05-Dec-14 14:34:45

Today I gave in and pulled out my maternity jeans out for the first time in this pregnancy. Exactly 20 weeks (today). I can still get away with wearing most of my usual trousers as they are looser on me but my jeans have had it for the rest of my pregnancy. I reckon it won't be long before all my leggings come out again, although I wasn't pregnant in winter last time, maybe leggings will be too cold.

Quite pleased really, I forgot just how comfortable they were.

divingoffthebalcony Fri 05-Dec-14 14:36:19

Shut up, I was in mine at 9 weeks!

ILiveOnABuildsite Fri 05-Dec-14 14:42:47

grin divingoffthebalcony

GailLondon Fri 05-Dec-14 14:58:27

I can highly recommend something like the H&M leggings which are in a thicker ponte/sweatshirt type fabric - great for winter!
www.hm.com/gb/product/45060?article=45060-B

ILiveOnABuildsite Fri 05-Dec-14 15:07:10

Ooh great thank GailLondon they look great, that's probably a good way to go.

TheScenicRoute Sat 06-Dec-14 09:13:59

8-9 weeks for me too! It was all bloat and wind, but I loved my firm bump when that broke through the bloat.

montymonty Sun 07-Dec-14 01:43:01

I'm experiencing my first pregnancy but my God, maternity wear is so bloody comfortable, I don't think I'll go back to wearing normal clothes after the baby!!

Daisy17 Mon 08-Dec-14 20:26:33

I wore my maternity jeans for ages after having DC1, soooo comfy, was so sad when the knees went through!!

smogsville Mon 08-Dec-14 21:51:19

I don't think I'll go back to wired bras either.

ILiveOnABuildsite Mon 08-Dec-14 21:58:10

Aaah wired bras are the work of the devil!

Pyjamaramadrama Mon 08-Dec-14 23:33:46

Wow, I was in maternity bras at 9 weeks and I'm in maternity jeans at 14 weeks.

To be fair I can still get into my jeans, but I'm getting a bit fat anyway, and maternity ones are so comfy.

misseskimo Tue 09-Dec-14 00:01:50

Wow OP I'm super jealous! I just gave in and bought some maternity trousers this weekend as I can currently only fit into two pairs of bottoms I own, and that's only because their both stretchy fabric!!

I'm 9+1! Haven't been able to wear most of my trousers and dresses from 7wks, and this week I could no longer do the button up on my normally baggy jeans sad

Maxis1 Tue 09-Dec-14 05:40:26

You guys are very lucky!
I am 31 weeks and have yet to find a pair of maternity jeans or pants that I find comfy and not itchy with the belly band.
All the size they have in store are either too tight, or to big or just UGLY!
I think I will end up wearing track bottoms to work in January. They sit nice and low and under the bump.
Just praying my jeans with expansion belt will last me a few more weeks but as soon as the belly drops I am doomed.

smogsville Tue 09-Dec-14 08:28:06

I'm quite cross with myself as I've just bought a maternity pair from topshop that are my usual size but now appear to be very baggy everywhere and I can't return or swap them as have worn them for a day and taken all tags off!

Can only hope they will be better further down the line (am 20+6) but they're too big on bum, legs and around the back I am constantly pulling them up! There is no way in hell I am usually a smaller size in trousers I have hips FFS!

Argh. Cross. Is there a way of permanently shrinking jeans? I remember this first time round now I think about it - my sis who can see had to take the legs in on a pair from gap that are now too old and scruffy to wear to work (hence the new purchase!)

This is one of those moments where being the duchess of Cambridge and getting someone to make you perfect bespoke pairs would be really useful.

Daisy17 Tue 09-Dec-14 09:11:27

I'm definitely going for under bump this time (16 weeks and beginning to need to think about it) as the overbumps I borrowed last time were always needing to be hitched up. Can't for the life of me remember where my gorgeous under bump pair were from - where are people finding nice ones this year?

Pyjamaramadrama Tue 09-Dec-14 09:14:12

I've got a decent pair of over bump jeans from h and m. I went for under bump last time and although they looked nicer, they kept falling down.

smogsville Tue 09-Dec-14 09:14:13

Not topshop! These are Leigh underbump. Avoid!

Pyjamaramadrama Tue 09-Dec-14 09:17:17

Smogsville if I were you I'd still take them back, if they've gone all baggy then they're not really fit for purpose.

I took jeans back on e to River Island, they were my size, fitted me fine when I bought them, but the material just gave in after one wear they were like two sizes bigger.

Elledouble Tue 09-Dec-14 09:21:58

I've been in maternitywear since 15/16 weeks and definitely in it full time now I'm 20+4! I don't really wear trousers (prefer skirts and dresses before people think I'm wandering around in my knickers) so I've bought several of those stretchy tube skirts in a bigger size and they fit pretty well. I'd never have worn them pre-pregnancy because of fears about my wobbly tummy, but I'm embracing my fatness now most of it is bump!

Daisy17 Tue 09-Dec-14 09:22:13

Funny, that's completely opposite to me, pyjamas - it must depend on bump shape or something!

Pyjamaramadrama Tue 09-Dec-14 09:26:55

Saying that I haven't really got a bump to speak of yet. So I won't be able to tell properly with the over bump ones until I do.

smogsville Tue 09-Dec-14 11:47:17

If I can find the receipt Pyjama perhaps I will. It's a bit of a shag though as there isn't one that near me or near my work. But thanks that's a good point.

silverfishlondon Wed 10-Dec-14 20:29:01

I grew out of my first maternity jeans before 30 weeks- clearly I wasn't buying baggy enough!

Got a lovely pair of super stretch topshop underbump jeans, Actually they're almost jeggings, really soft and comfortable. Not cheap but turned out a good investment as worn them almost every day.
They started a rather snug fit but streached and gone baggy at the same rate I have..

smogsville Thu 11-Dec-14 10:47:39

I found the receipt (had to bin dive our wheelie bin for it - the indignity!) and have hospital appt tomorrow so will pop over to oxf circus afterwards prepared to do battle...

smogsville Sat 13-Dec-14 20:45:12

On the v slim off-chance that anyone's interested, exchanging the jeans (for a different style in a smaller size) was a doddle. She barely batted an eyelid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now