Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Echogenic intracardiac focus

(2 Posts)
Zahrah5 Fri 05-Dec-14 11:43:12

Hello

I had private early anomaly ultrasound done at 17w and the doctor found Echogenic intracardiac focus (white spot) on her heart. According to him this means nothing and is not a reson for concern, it is not a heart defect or anything. He said it might even go away.

Anyone else had this? I am not worrying but did anyone had this and did it go away?

I am having anomaly scan at NHS next week (20w), should I ask them to check this? Then I would have to also reveal I had private scan, not sure if they would be happy about it or it doesnt matter.

Alyx80 Fri 05-Dec-14 12:30:33

I had it with my oldest son when I had a scan at 17 weeks, the consultant told me it could be a marker for Down's syndrome alongside other markers but on it's own was nothing important. At my 20 week scan they didn't even mention it and he was born perfectly healthy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now