Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

7 bfp's later and I'm still scared..

(14 Posts)
wildfire613 Fri 05-Dec-14 03:28:58

All that I can think about is what if I lose this one too. Having nightmares about it. I so desperately want this one but until morning sickness kicks in or I see an ultrasound showing me it's real, I'm scared to get attached.

I know I sound like a crazy lady.. any tips on how to get past this?

DarceyBustle Fri 05-Dec-14 04:17:29

I've been where you are now. I promised myself that I would enjoy "this day of this pregnancy".
Repeated testing made me worse.

PotteringAlong Fri 05-Dec-14 04:20:30

Step away from the pregnancy tests. You're torturing yourself and it will change nothing.

flowers

wildfire613 Fri 05-Dec-14 07:10:02

I know I'm adding to my madness by testing so much. Not to mention flushing money down the drain. Pun intended. But I just keep hoping that being doing so I'll get a sign of some sort that hcg levels are for sure rising rising or declining. I know the declining part is wishful thinking because as long as the baby is still in me the tests will pick up the pregnancy. just being paranoid I guess....

leanne963 Fri 05-Dec-14 11:15:01

I have been in your place, it is torture. It was the longest 8 weeks of my life (I found out I was pregnanct at 4 weeks)

The only way I could get through it was multiple private scans, one at 5w5d, 7w2d and 10w4d. But I know this isn't an option for many people, but this was the only way I could know 'things are ok at the moment'.
Like darcey said, tell yourself 'today I am pregnant' and do not compare your symptoms or lack of symptoms to anyone else.
It is so hard when you have been through a loss to be positive, but it can happen. I am 16 weeks on Sunday and I am just shocked I am this far along but I know that the risk of anything happening is a lot lower. As difficult as it is, MCs can not be stopped so there isn't any point in worrying about something you can't change. Easier said than done.
But there are lots of supportive women(and men) on this thread so you will never feel alone!!

wildfire613 Fri 05-Dec-14 13:07:18

Thanks Leanne

dingit Fri 05-Dec-14 13:13:09

Could you go and see your doctor anyway? This was me 17 years ago, and I was so anxious they sent me for a scan at 7 weeks. That scan is now my 16 year old dd.
I'm not sure they will still do that, but a chat with someone medical wouldn't hurt.
Fingers crossed you have a trouble free pregnancy and beautiful baby in 8 months.

shelfontheelf Fri 05-Dec-14 13:17:35

I had to go down the private 'reassurance' scan route too, £50 each and so worth it for my mental health.

ToriB34 Fri 05-Dec-14 14:12:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MaltedMilkBiscuits Fri 05-Dec-14 14:28:25

I have no advice as I tested every day until I had a scan at 7 weeks. I got my first bfp at 9dpo! After 3 MC it just felt the only thing I could control.

Try and be positive, I know it's hard. Try and be reassured that you have had 7 BFPs! that's amazing! x

wildfire613 Fri 05-Dec-14 16:40:47

Yeah well my appointment with the midwife isn't till January 6th which is another agonizing month away. Just trying to keep my sanity that long. I think I'll be more reassured when the clearblue says 3+ weeks instead of 2-3, once my blood levels continue rising and once I see the little blip. :-(

LittleBairn Fri 05-Dec-14 16:56:39

The early weeks are dreadful, it won't matter how many scans you have it won't help with the anxiety.
I try to keep myself busy I even make myself lists of books, tv Boxsets, movies, recipies and a house cleaning schedule.
It works a bit, I'm now on full bed rest with an extremly high risk pregnancy (slightly less so since my surgery on Tuesday) and this method helps me control the anxiety rather than the anxiety control me.

wildfire613 Fri 05-Dec-14 20:51:20

Sorry to hear Little. Hope everything is alright with you and the baby.

LittleBairn Sat 06-Dec-14 17:50:53

wildfire sorry just seen your last post. This baby and I are currently doing good the emergancy cervical stitch has possibily saved its life and currently the odds are looking good. Only 3 more weeks to Viability!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now