Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Partial Placenta Praevia...

(3 Posts)
Alby16 Thu 04-Dec-14 20:38:23

Just wondering if anyone else is currently in this situation?

Had my 20week scan today, all went well bar being told I have partial placenta praevia. Sonographer didn't seem worried and scheduled me in for a 32 week scan. Should I be worried? Probably not?? This is pretty common hey???
Just looking for reassurance, this is my first pregnancy so feel a bit over whelmed as it is.

Thanks in advance xxx

MosquitoFood Thu 04-Dec-14 20:50:50

I had a 'low lying' placenta with my first pregnancy. I bled throughout the pregnancy, seemingly not much but enough to warrant a few hospital stays and a ban from sex. It was still low at 32 weeks so I had another scan at 36 weeks. It was still low so I had to see a consultant. She explained that it should be 5cm from os (whatever that means) but baby's head was below the placenta so she'll 'risk it'. Hence panic when I went into labour. But both dd and myself were fine. The placenta can move up as your womb expands to accommodate your growing baby so the situation can change. Good luck flowers hope everything goes fine smile

Gemzybelle Thu 04-Dec-14 20:55:59

No real advice but just to reassure you that you arent alone I was told the same thing at my 20 week scan yesterday.

Sonographer didnt seem in the slightest bit concerned and I will also be rescanned later in pregnancy to see if it has moved.

Fingers crossed it will have!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now