Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Itchy skin- anyone else?

(6 Posts)
yorksliz Thu 04-Dec-14 16:00:43

Hi, I am hoping someone can offer some advice. I'm 29 weeks and have been suffering from itchy skin for the last couple. It's my stomach, breasts, back, armpits and head and is driving me a bit mad. It's worse in the evenings and the only relief I can get is by sitting topless blush blush I'd love to know if anyone has had the same and what they have done about it.

Mummywithlove Thu 04-Dec-14 16:04:57

i have this problem , the only way i could feel comfy is by getting my hubby to rub moisturizer or baby lotion all over lol, [gr and with the itchy hair i had to change conditioner and it eased off hmm its annoying cuz people looked at me at saying has she got nits lol xx

fairgame Thu 04-Dec-14 16:06:53

Have you spoken to your midwife to have choleastasis ruled out? I had this condition and it can be very serious.
If it has been ruled out and it's just itchy skin is it also dry? Have you tried anything like Oilatum?

yorksliz Thu 04-Dec-14 16:12:03

mummywithlove- I work in a school so I do try and not itch my head too much! luckily it's not too bad in the day.
fairgame- just got blood tests back.I haven't got that. No dryness at all but have been moisturising like mad to minimise stretch marks.Have just bought some E45, maybe the lack of perfume will help.

Tykeisagirl Thu 04-Dec-14 16:19:42

My friend is in the same situation, she's had cholestasis blood tests and is clear. She has some cream on prescription which has menthol in it that goes some way to calming the itching, I think her midwife suggested it to her, so it might be worth asking.

yorksliz Thu 04-Dec-14 16:29:06

That sounds good, thank you. I have some tiger balm.I'll try that tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now