Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Something wrong with me - no morning sickness or nausea??

(11 Posts)
MumToBe2015R Thu 04-Dec-14 15:19:04

Hello,

I had nausea at 4wks but no morning sickness at all. I'm now 5+5 & haven't got any of the nausea feeling.

Just wondering if that is normal or not?

Is morning sickness a must?

Feeling abit worried now, wondering if all is okay or not.

Your experiences would be very helpful x

Schoolaroundthecorner Thu 04-Dec-14 15:21:04

It's normal for quite a lot of people. You are also quite early yet. I wasn't ill until 6/7 weeks and I've plenty of friends who weren't ill at all. Don't worry!

Swanny84 Thu 04-Dec-14 15:21:51

Don't worry hunny, my symptoms were really full on first week I found out, then they all left minus tender breasts. I've read morning sickness along with other symptoms can come and go but is more common between 6 and 11 weeks so could come back, if not it just means your lucky ;) xxx

GooseRoasties Thu 04-Dec-14 15:23:15

Each pregnancy is different. Some women get morning sickness some dont.
Although I had terrible morning sickness 2 of my sisters didn't have sickness in any of their pregnancies. In fact with one of my nieces my sister didn't realise she was pregnant until she was 23 weeks as she had no symptoms at all!

Olive1987 Thu 04-Dec-14 15:31:29

My boss and my best friend didn't get any sickness at all! And there's me in bed all day too sick to even move my head. Ergh.

MumToBe2015R Thu 04-Dec-14 15:35:00

Thank you all for the reassurance, it made me feel abit better knowing its not a must for morning sickness.

Hope everyone has a smooth pregnancy flowers

CoffeeandNumbers Thu 04-Dec-14 15:42:12

Please don't worry, I had no symptoms at all with my dd, only a uti in the first few weeks. I didn't have sickness/cravings/backache or any of the other crap you're supposed to get. I don't know why.

A lot of people I know have had much easier pregnancies with their daughters. I have no science for this though.

Good luck OP!

coastergirl Thu 04-Dec-14 15:42:25

I'm nearly 25 weeks now and haven't felt sick once in my pregnancy, not even a bit. I remember my mum asking me early on "have you started getting morning sickness yet?", as though it HAD to happen. You might just be lucky like me!

Dontforgetyourbrolly Thu 04-Dec-14 15:49:30

Congratulations OP and the other pg ladies on this thread!

I was worried too , my morning (or should I say ALL DAY ) sickness didn't hit until 11 weeks and lasted for about 5 or 6 weeks.

it's early for you yet... I know I was desperate to feel pregnant. But after many dodgy mornings on the tube I cursed my silliness lol

all the best x

MuscatBouschet Thu 04-Dec-14 16:03:45

Never had any nausea on any pregnancy. Just felt slightly more travel sick on trains.

MumToBe2015R Thu 04-Dec-14 16:09:48

Thank you for all your advise ladies xx

Congrats to all Mummy's to be xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now