Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Had a bad night. Feel pathetic for calling in sick!

(11 Posts)
ClumsyCrocheter Thu 04-Dec-14 07:57:23

I'm only 5+5 weeks pregnant, but been getting abdominal cramps for a few weeks. Last night was something else though. I woke up with a searing/stabbing pain in my right side, and really severe, painful cramps right in the middle of my stomach. It took a few hours for it to ease off a bit.

Woken up exhausted and still in mild/moderate pain, so I've phoned in sick. Feel like a bit of a failiure tbh!

kelda Thu 04-Dec-14 08:00:30

Don't worry about calling or sick, and you are certainly not a failure.

But you do need to see a doctor today. You need to find out what is the cause of the pain you are having.

ClumsyCrocheter Thu 04-Dec-14 08:09:54

I told my Dr on Monday that they were there and getting worse, and she said it's just normal and I need to stop worrying, so I don't feel like I can call her tbh.

I'm just lying in bed now with a hot water bottle, hoping it will pass. I'm gonna be in so much trouble for today though sad

Jinglebells99 Thu 04-Dec-14 08:25:14

That doesn't sound right. i think you need to get it checked out. Could it be an ectopic pregnancy

kulashaker Thu 04-Dec-14 08:29:00

A few twinges and cramps are normal in pregnancy as its your body making room for the baby to grow, however if i were you i would get checked out as the pain shouldnt be as painful as you have described

MinceSpy Thu 04-Dec-14 08:33:34

The pain you describe isn't normal. See your doctor today and get checked out.

Jodie1982 Thu 04-Dec-14 08:58:03

As the other ladies have said, your pain doesn't sound like normal pregnancy twinges. You definitely need to see a doctor. Can u pop into A+E? It's best to do it ASAP as if u leave it till weekend the doctors aren't always there to scan you etc (in my previous experiences anyway).

ReadyForDinner Thu 04-Dec-14 09:16:35

Your local maternity hospital will have an early pregnancy unit. At ours you just walk in no need to csll or anything. Dont mess about with the gp. Will help with work too if you can say you have seen someone. Not to mention put your mind at rest. You are fine to take paracetamol too by the way. Hope you feel better.

ClumsyCrocheter Thu 04-Dec-14 11:36:51

Managedt a little sleep. The pain is still there, but it's about 5/10 now, rather than the 8 or 9 it was before.
I really don't want to go to my local EPU, because they'll do blood tests and the transvaginal thingy <is a wimp>

ellenjames Thu 04-Dec-14 11:39:05

You really should go because of the risk of an ectopic pregnancy. Good luck xx

hopefull2424 Thu 04-Dec-14 11:53:14

I had pain and was referred to epu. I'm 7 weeks and had internal scan yesterday. Was not painful at all and got to see baby and a little heartbeat xc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now