Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

how long did it take your 12 week scan to come through?

(14 Posts)
Rebecca1608 Thu 04-Dec-14 06:39:34

...... After seeing your midwife?

I know I'm only 10 weeks but was told it would be anything between 11 and 13 weeks. She said she'd get my details onto the system and wait for my appointment off the hospital through the post?

ArchangelGallic Thu 04-Dec-14 07:02:46

Pretty quickly as I recall but if its not there by 12 weeks, then chase it up as nuchal fold test has to be done by 14 weeks I think.

skyra13 Thu 04-Dec-14 07:06:44

My midwife didn't send mine of I was at the midwife at week 7 and did not receive a letter by week 10 so I rang up doctors they said she hasn't sent the info off to hospital so I had to ring the hospital and sort it my self, think she must of forgotten as she was due to go on holiday! hmm
I was worried as I wanted to make sure I got my tests done I got an appointment at 12 weeks on the dot smile

mrshjb Thu 04-Dec-14 07:08:38

My midwife booked my 12 week scan during my booking in appointment. Then they booked my 20 week scan whilst I was leaving the hospital from my 12 week scan.

I think the process seems to depend on your area though. Definitely chase it up if you've not heard anything. I personally needed a date to countdown to with both my scans!

AlpacaYourThings Thu 04-Dec-14 07:09:32

I had the same experience as Skyla except my midwife wasn't going on holiday. She just didn't send it off.

I called the maternity line in the end and booked myself in for a scan.

Rebecca1608 Thu 04-Dec-14 07:31:55

Yeah I'll wait a couple more weeks then. I was just really hoping I'd get it before Christmas so I could show my boyfriend and family the twins as no-one could make my last 2 scans at 7 weeks and I'm dying to tell everyone my good news now too. Lol smile

Overtiredbackagain Thu 04-Dec-14 08:40:00

Hi Rebecca I am currently 9 + 1 and got my scan letter through last night for 2 Jan hmm I'll be 13 + 2 then so I'm slightly anxious as i could be a couple of days further on than that, I'll call them later to see if any chance of bringing forward a couple of days. Remember the unit will close for two days at chrimbo and New Year's Day, so I don't hold out much hope.

This is DC3 for me but it doesn't make it any less stressful in the first trimester.

Overtiredbackagain Thu 04-Dec-14 08:40:33

Hi Rebecca I am currently 9 + 1 and got my scan letter through last night for 2 Jan hmm I'll be 13 + 2 then so I'm slightly anxious as i could be a couple of days further on than that, I'll call them later to see if any chance of bringing forward a couple of days. Remember the unit will close for two days at chrimbo and New Year's Day, so I don't hold out much hope.

This is DC3 for me but it doesn't make it any less stressful in the first trimester.

PregnantAndEngaged Thu 04-Dec-14 08:44:37

I received the letter a week after my midwife appointment with the scan date.. and it has been a long wait since then, my appointment is next week smile nervous but excited

Rebecca1608 Thu 04-Dec-14 17:11:37

Oooh no way sad I hope I don't go that long I really want it before Christmas.
I hope mine comes as quick as yours PregnantandEngaged. I'm too excited lol. I'm glad I've had a scan already over the shock of having twins now. Good luck with your scan grin

D0nnaO Thu 04-Dec-14 18:30:54

I had to phone for mine, I was 12+2, 2 weeks exactly from my booking appointment smile

Rebecca1608 Thu 04-Dec-14 18:34:43

Awww exciting! I'm gonna phone the end of next week and just make sure midwife has sent my stuff off and atleast then I'll know I'll get my appointment soonish. Hope she won't have forgotten.

sleepingdragon Thu 04-Dec-14 18:43:17

My appointment this time last year didn't come through- with all the holidays they didn't have enough appointments so stopped booking them. I phoned up and because I said I wanted the screening tests they fitted me in by adding me to the list of people the poor sonographers were seeing in their lunch break. Then my lazy baby was in the wrong position and took ages to move round for them to scan! So I would definitely phone, they were seeing 5-10 extra people per day when I went in (which was between Christmas and new year), but only people who had phoned chasing their appointment. Everyone else presumably had a late scan in January.

Rebecca1608 Thu 04-Dec-14 18:50:18

Ahhh, thanks. I'm definitely going to phone then and chase the appointment. I want to start telling people but also scared with it being a high risk pregnancy. Don't know when to start telling? Close family and friends know that's it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now