Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

natural birth after 2 sections

(3 Posts)
sianilovesbeingamummy Wed 03-Dec-14 22:11:36

im sat here watching OBEM and thinking that i would like to try natural birth again this time round. My first was trying natural ending up in emergency section, 2nd was elective section but this time, with no Dad around giving his opinion I really would like to try natural... My problem being, birthing partner and also childcare on hand as and when i go into labour!!! has anyone been in this situation? I'm worried if i try naturally i would end up with an emergency section again but also feel i would like to give it one last go

fruitpastille Wed 03-Dec-14 22:17:02

You will have to discuss it with your consultant as the risk of scar rupture is a bit higher but mine was fine with it as I didn't have any other risk factors. The Nice guidelines support vba2c if everything else is OK. In the end my baby was breech so I went for another section. As it happens my scar was v.weak and opened by itself during surgery so it's a good thing I didn't labour.

Putthatonyourneedles Thu 04-Dec-14 13:20:29

I'm going for a vba2c in the next few weeks, due 06/12, after one emcs and one elcs.

Ring your local hospital and ask to speak to the supervisor of midwives, they are more likely to be supportive of you and your birth wishes. Dispute NICE guidelines saying that women should be supported up to vba4c there is an awful lot of consultants and midwives who don't support them and will try to persuade or scare you into booking a repeat section.

There is a fab group on Facebook full of knowledgeable professionals, Independant doulas and ladies with experience/going through the same issues that you may come across in your journey. Vbac support group UK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now