Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling grim at 7 weeks: not just nausea

(26 Posts)
33goingon64 Wed 03-Dec-14 18:03:15

As well as the classic nausea I've got this awful feeling a bit like when you're getting flu. Can't relax, shaky, shuddery feeling coming in waves along with sick feeling. Been days now. Gets to 7pm and I don't know what to do with myself so as soon as DS is in bed, I go to bed too. Anyone else feel like this?

divingoffthebalcony Wed 03-Dec-14 18:08:48

I did, but I had a horrible fluey virus. That, combined with the constant nausea, meant I'd honestly never felt so ill in my life. One night I felt so bad I couldn't concentrate on The Apprentice, so I went to bed and cried.

It's so miserable, I really sympathise.

33goingon64 Wed 03-Dec-14 18:15:41

God I can't remember the last evening I sat and watched telly. Lying in bed listening to Radio 4 is all I can manage.

Bustherb Wed 03-Dec-14 18:17:06

I had this a when I first found out 5 weeks ago, i totally sympathise I know exactly what it's like. Try and get a few days off work and relax. Xxx

hopefull2424 Wed 03-Dec-14 18:33:46

I'm 7 weeks and the same. I have on off nausea,and I feel like I have the flu (I know I havnt as had the flu jab) all my muscles ache and I'm cold and shivery. I'm also very bloated and uncomfortable. Never had this with my other two xx

Inpup Wed 03-Dec-14 19:07:30

I'm nearly 7 weeks and been feeling like you describe, slightly hung-over is how I describe it to DH.
Had some splitting headaches too which are less frequent now, and the almost constant nausea worse in the afternoons - not actually thrown up yet. I just curl up under a blanket on the sofa and try to sleep through it.

leanne963 Wed 03-Dec-14 19:12:37

I'm sorry to tell you this but I had exactly what you are describing at 7 weeks. I am not 15+3 and have this nearly twice a week. I constantly feel snotty and lie I am about to get a full on cold. I honestly am hating feeling like this. I hope you are luckier than me and that it's just a one off.

33goingon64 Wed 03-Dec-14 19:39:03

Sorry you're all feeling rubbish too but glad I'm not the only one! It's as much in my head and rest of my body as in my stomach. Like that tingly, almost faint feeling when you're actually ill. Snapped a lot at poor DS this evening trying to get him into bed so I can go up myself now! Thing is, I'm getting plenty of sleep so going to bed so early is unnecessary, but simply can't face anything else. Last two pgs weren't this bad.

lowra Wed 03-Dec-14 19:55:24

I had exactly the same and am coming out the other side. From 7 weeks I just felt so horrifically ill, weak, sick, tired and fluey. I also picked up a chest infection during this time and ended up having a month off work. It does get better but the first trimester can be such a hard slog

PiercedMrsL Wed 03-Dec-14 20:46:56

This is exactly how I feel now at 5 weeks. Had to take the day off sick today and feel awful about it as I've only just told work I'm pregnant! I spent most of the day on the sofa as I felt so shaky and exhausted but now I'm in bed I feel wide awake! Doesn't help that dh is away with work sad

Threeplus1 Thu 04-Dec-14 00:29:47

Yup, same here and I'm 8+4... Been feeling this way for past couple of weeks. Some nights I'm in bed by 7pm blush

Luckily for me I'm a SAHM and all my kids are now at school so I've got the liberty to arse around on the sofa all day (yet still so tired I'm in bed even before my 4 year old!)

hopefull2424 Thu 04-Dec-14 18:17:25

I'm really struggling today ladies. Been in tears twice because because I feel so awful. I'm nauseous all day long and nothing improves it. Im really snappy with everyone and to top it off my gland are up in my neck and they really hurt. Pjs and bed early for me tonight x

reallywittyname Thu 04-Dec-14 20:41:42

No, you are not alone. Am 9 weeks, been feeling grotty from week 5. Nausea that comes in waves, exhaustion, flu-like shivers, freezing cold during the day and boiling hot all night - like having low-level flu, but now I've got a proper cold on top of that and I feel properly sorry for myself. Wasn't this bad last time round. I just want to crawl into a hole and stay there until this baby is born. So you all have my sympathy. flowers

leanne963 Thu 04-Dec-14 20:57:18

Anyone know when the 'glow' sets in?! All I see online is pictures of very happy pretty women and im sat here with a red nose from having a constant cold, spotty skin and greasy hair!!!
I feel sorry for myself too, cause I am so happy that I AM pregnant, but god it is miserable.

hopefull2424 Thu 04-Dec-14 20:58:01

Ive just said to dh that im going Dr tomorrow as think I've got some sort of flu/ cold bug. I think he thinks I'm being dramatic but I can honestly say I've not felt this ill in many years and definitely not in pregnancy. It's kind of clouding my excitement for the baby and Xmas as I just can't be bothered to do anything. Here's hoping a good night's sleep, multivitamin and seeing the Dr picks me up a little x

GooseRoasties Thu 04-Dec-14 21:04:04

During my first few weeks of pregnancy I felt like rubbish, I was so sick and so tired I felt like I was just coming down with something like the flu.. Every night I went to bed by 7, 8 at a push. It started easing up about 12 weeks for me.

leanne In answer to your glow question, 38+2 here and I'm still waiting for my 'glow', some women get it and others get it around 18 weeks (maybe)

33goingon64 Sun 07-Dec-14 18:30:39

Crikey we are all in the wars! Was somehow hoping I'd feel better for weekend but if anything it's worse. DH managed to drag me out for a walk today - the fresh air was lovely but went straight to bed on getting back. Feel so bad that I'm really neglecting DS but being around his chatter and exuberance makes me feel nauseous. Not sure how the week will pan out when DH is back at work...

scrivette Sun 07-Dec-14 19:05:09

I have been feeling like this too, was sick 6 times yesterday so assumed that the shaking and shivering was as a result of that.

Isn't early pregnancy fun!

KentExpecting Sun 07-Dec-14 19:12:11

I felt totally rubbish until about 21 weeks I'm sorry to say. But feeling reasonably human now at 25 weeks. No evidence of that 'glow', but human. Still a bit more tired than usual and get tearful too quickly, but the 'coming down with something' feeling has passed.

Jodie1982 Sun 07-Dec-14 23:40:30

Oh bless you, I honestly don't miss the 1st few wks, I literally felt like I was dying! It gets better Hun, just try n remember that. I'm 30+2 with no.5 now and constantly moaning about my back n hip pain, I'm not good with pregnancy at all!!
Congrats n I hope you start feeling better soon. flowers

supersupersupershock Mon 08-Dec-14 10:13:00

Haven't read other replies. I am 7 weeks too. Last few days nausea kicked in and unfortunately only thing that helps is eat something which is sometimes last thing I feel like. However, i am so utterely knackered it makes me feel really unwell too. THe only way I am dealing wiht it is having a midday sleep. I wake up feeling 'normal' again smile Can you manage to get afternoon sleep?

GingerbreadHead Mon 08-Dec-14 13:31:22

Oh yes me too!! I keep saying to DH I just feel ill, not pregnant. Have the constant nausea which I remember from last pregnancy with DD, but I just feel rotten all the time too. My tummy is all over the place (sorry TMI), feel bloated and sluggish and oh so tired. My head is full of cotton wool and I feel snappy all the time. These early weeks are hell!! Trying to appreciate it all though as best I can, but it's a real struggle to do anything!

GingerbreadHead Mon 08-Dec-14 13:32:52

Oh I am also 7 weeks OP! Really hope you, me and all of us on this thread start to feel a bit brighter soon, or Christmas could be a struggle!

33goingon64 Wed 10-Dec-14 12:23:59

Thought I was starting to feel better yesterday but back to it today. Strangely I was worried about feeling better, as last pg ended in mc at 10 weeks and first sign something was wrong was feeling better. At least feeling grim is a good sign things are as they should be! Hope everyone feels better soon.

33goingon64 Mon 15-Dec-14 16:29:37

Hurrah! Now adding in vomiting to the mix. What joy. Just want to wake up at 12 weeks and for this stage to be over. Don't even care if I miss Christmas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now