Talk

Advanced search

Silver Cross Pioneer

(13 Posts)
DropsofJupiter1980 Wed 03-Dec-14 17:10:59

Hi

I am interested in the Silver Cross Pioneer but it appears to be out of stock everywhere. I have found a couple of comments online which suggested that it was expected to be back in stock by end Nov. However, it is still out of stock at major retailers. I asked Silver Cross directly (on Twitter) when it would be back in stock and the response was vague: "I believe more stock is due in soon". I will contact them by email/phone to see if I can find out anything more, as obviously Twitter is quite limited in terms of the amount of info you can post in each tweet, but I wondered if anyone else had any info about these stock issues?

Thanks x flowers

Knottyknitter Wed 03-Dec-14 17:14:53

There are definite problems. I ordered our from john lewis at about the 25 week mark, and it seemed to take ages to arrive. Silver cross were pretty unhelpful, but jl were fab. It arrived about 6 weeks later than it should have in the end.

It is a lovely pram though, im looking forward to getting out with it (36+3 and counting)

DropsofJupiter1980 Wed 03-Dec-14 17:24:16

Thanks knotty. I'm due at the end of March 2015 but think I need to place an order fairly soon...

Seasidedolly Wed 03-Dec-14 18:34:04

I've got my eye on the Pioneer too, I noticed its out of stock on ToysRUs but not John Lewis or Mothercare, though I wasn't actually looking to order one yet, was just looking at costings.

That's really good to know though, I was hoping to wait it out until somewhere had an offer on, such as when Mothercare do the free car seats, but I think I'll just order if from JL after xmas to make sure its here in time. Not due till 6th April though so I'm sure there will be plenty of time.

We're going for the sky blue because we're having a boy and my husband loves the colour as its the same shade as our VW camper van... (hmm)

ELA88 Wed 03-Dec-14 19:10:17

I ordered the Silver Cross Pioneer a couple of weeks ago from Babies R Us, it's out if stock but I'm also due end of March and they said it will be delivered to them by early Feb and they are keeping it till we want to collect it. Loved the pioneer! If you're not due till March you'll probably need to think about ordering it soon though xz

Bondy83 Wed 03-Dec-14 19:20:38

I've also ordered this in the sky blue from a shop near me however you can order with them online www.pramworld.co.uk I paid £100 deposit and just need to pay the balance on or before I'm due to collect/ have it delivered

bradders85 Wed 03-Dec-14 19:30:22

I wasn't aware of any stock issues so thanks for the head up.....not ordered yet but this is the pram I have my eye on (not due till april), looks fab and plenty of storage too! smile

bellaboo88 Wed 03-Dec-14 20:48:43

Its fab, I got mine for £400 because it had a scuff on the side. Went with lime green. The wayfarer is more likely to have offers as it was the old model

Sonics Thu 04-Dec-14 08:53:54

We ordered from mothercare on Friday and I've just had an email to say it's been dispatched gringringrin

D0nnaO Sun 14-Dec-14 14:59:52

literally just this minute ordered mine from mothercare, estimated delivery date 23rd smile

LorraineQuiche Sun 14-Dec-14 15:54:41

We had a nightmare trying to order our Pioneer - I called Silvercross directly and they didn't even know when they were going to have any in stock. In the end we ordered from Peppermint and it was delivered the next day. Baby isn't here yet but can't wait to take it for spin grin

Sonics Sun 14-Dec-14 17:15:41

Ours came from mothercare much quicker than I thought. It's currently sat in the hallway just waiting for baby to arrive. It's had a few spins around the lounge. MIL came over today and asked if it fitted through the front door ok. I said we hadn't checked yet but in my head I was thinking "I don't want to take it outside the wheels will get dirty". Ha!! Mental smile

LorraineQuiche Sun 14-Dec-14 18:34:07

Haha. My boyfriend has banned me from taking it for a spin around the block! I want to test the coffee holder grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now