Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Miss the bump?

(9 Posts)
dayspringjubilee Wed 03-Dec-14 12:49:09

It's really struck me that I only have about six weeks until bump becomes baby...but I am SO loving feeling all the movement in there, feeling like I've always got someone with me, and I'm afraid I'll "miss" the baby after it's born! Also a little bit nervous about all the sleeplessness and responsibility once the baby comes out. Really looking forward to meeting my son or daughter, but I've had a great, great pregnancy. Did anyone find that they felt kind of empty without their bump??

OhMjh Wed 03-Dec-14 13:32:11

Me! DD turned a week old today and my tummy is already flat..kind of wish I at least had a jiggly mummy tummy as a reminder - there's something incredibly special about not having to share them when you're pregnant.

MuffinMcLay23 Wed 03-Dec-14 13:32:14

Errr - no. Enormous, very uncomfortable, and desperate to get the baby out. You are very, very lucky to have had such a positive experience of pregnancy!

MuffinMcLay23 Wed 03-Dec-14 13:32:51

And a flat tummy too. How sad for you!

j200 Wed 03-Dec-14 13:40:11

Haha am 35 weeks and I can't wait for him to be out too, love the movements but thats about it. You are very lucky to have enjoyed pregnancy so much

Can't wait to be able to sleep on my back/side/front without getting leg cramp/feeling dizzy/worrying if he is ok. Can't wait to be able to wear normal clothes again. Most of all I can't wait to hold him in my arms and cuddle him whenever I want smile

LittleRedRidingHoodie Wed 03-Dec-14 14:18:17

You're very lucky. I can't wait to miss the heartburn, leg cramps, rib agony, inability to get up, bend down etc. i love the movements but the rest will not be missed at all.

dayspringjubilee Wed 03-Dec-14 14:19:40

I should focus on the positives...looking forward to salami and McDonald's milkshakes!!! I always wanted to be pregnant and had to wait a long time, so I've treasured even the discomfort. OK, not the twitchy legs...but the other stuff! Like when the cheeky guy at the Christmas market saw me with my one friend and said "How are the three of you doing?" Not everyone would like that but it makes me feel special, haha!

cantmakecarrotcake Wed 03-Dec-14 15:47:31

Nope! I'm absolutely ready for this one to come out and will be glad not to do it again! Don't get me wrong it's miraculous etc but so limiting at the same time. I won't miss the swollen feet/hands, carpal tunnel, having no lap space for DD1, not being able to lift/carry DD1, not being able to walk any distance, I could go on!

I'm happy to trade in my bump and get my body (minus boobs) back.

Now if only I'd go into labour...

prettywhiteguitar Wed 03-Dec-14 17:44:16

Yes I won't miss my varicose veins !

I know what you mean, pregnancy is special though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now