Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

caffeine

(4 Posts)
HappyLucyLou Tue 02-Dec-14 13:12:12

Hello, so after what felt like a lifetime of sickness, terrible heartburn and tears I've had 2 pretty good days. I'm beginning to believe it was down to the pepsi max I started drinking and now I won't let it leave my side. I never drink fizzy pop but it seems to be doing the trick and I finally feel some relief. However being good I said I'll do pepsi max no sugar! then my friend reminded me of the caffeine :S I've had a look into it and it as far as I can see (as there is no definite anywhere) there is about 30/40mg of caffeine per 500ml bottle (which I'll try and keep to one a day with maybe a little extra if I'm really struggling) and the recommended limit is 200mg a day. I don't care for tea and coffee so not bothered if I don't have any of that and at the moment chocolate causing heartburn so I've been avoiding it. After reading what caffeine can do to your unborn baby it made me panic which is why i'm here. Am I right in saying there is only 30/40mg of caffeine per bottle and its safe for me to have one?? Is there any other pepsi like drinks without caffeine? I probably sound completely over the top but I'm a worrier!

Purplefrogshoes Tue 02-Dec-14 13:54:01

Try caffeine free diet coke but you will be able to drink 4/5

PuppyMummy Tue 02-Dec-14 13:59:07

I switched to caffeine free diet coke too.

Jaffakake Tue 02-Dec-14 15:41:10

2 colas = 1 tea
2teas = 1 coffee
According to this anyway, www.theguardian.com/news/2013/nov/27/caffeine-compared-coke-coffee-aspirin-chocolate-tea

Over 2 pregnancies I've had up to 3 teas, 1 coke & some choccy a day in the early stages & been fine. Later on I have slightly more tea.

When I was last poorly with a stomach bug it was tonic water I could keep down, so it may be the fizz that's helping. Try Sprite if you're worried as it's zero caffeine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now