Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Share your ways of combatting all day sickness (Ho ho ho)

(19 Posts)
freshlysharpenedpencils Tue 02-Dec-14 09:59:11

So apparently it's Christmas! And while all about are images of mulled wine, Christmas cake and boiled ham...I'm lying horizontal trying not to throw up. I have horrendous all day sickness. I'm 7 weeks pregnant.

So far I've discovered some interesting ways to combat it:
Tonic water
Baked potato and cottage cheese
Crunchy nut clusters
And nothing else.

What are your cures? Anything other than the usual ginger tea and biscuits?

Ho ho ho (yak yak yak)

Olive1987 Tue 02-Dec-14 10:07:54

When I was at my worst lemonade helped me big time. Also plain cracker bread. Crisps sometimes stayed down. That was about all I lived on for 6-7 weeks at the start.

NickyEds Tue 02-Dec-14 11:21:19

Iced water. Only thing working for me at the minute. If it's any help, with my first the sickness peaked at 6/7 weeks and was gone after 8 so you could be fine for Christmas.

ShowMeTheWonder Tue 02-Dec-14 11:30:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MuffinMcLay23 Tue 02-Dec-14 11:38:32

Vitamin B6 was amazing for me. You take 200mgs a day which is way more than in pre-natal vitamins so you have to buy it separately from holland and barratt etc, I think it really works.

Also, mediation - uptodate.com has the best overview of proper medical advice about the best meds to take.
I found a combination of cyclzine and vitamin B6 twice a day with metoclopromide once a day worked well.

Teeste Tue 02-Dec-14 12:03:44

Pom Bears, daft as it sounds. Or the Aldi version, which I think are called Teddy Heads, but should totally be called Nom Bears. They're salty and light, so don't make you feel bloated after eating them. I also found starting the day with a glass of milk helped line my stomach a bit.

dietcokeisgreat Tue 02-Dec-14 12:51:19

Hourly snacks of toast, crisps, plain biscuits, apples and no big meals. Plus promethazine for me in the evenings or i was up all night feeling sick.

Shedding Tue 02-Dec-14 12:53:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bustherb Tue 02-Dec-14 13:09:58

I'm the same hmm going into my third week of being sick all day every day, the only thing I've found that helped me was forcing food down when I felt hungry but for me it would have to be more like toast or something similar to that size portion. The minute I go past hungry there is literally no going back and I'm ill all day. Xxx

MrTumblesSpottyHag Wed 03-Dec-14 13:33:12

Weak lager shandy (ice cold)
Metoclopramide (then cyclizine after a few weeks when that stopped working)
Bourbon biscuits
Baked potato with butter, salt and pepper
Salt!
Salty crisps
Plain pasta
Bananas.

Not toast or anything wheaty as it clogs on the way back up. As does apple shock

Spoonfuls of honey to make my mouth taste nicer!

CockBollocks Wed 03-Dec-14 13:42:06

Ice lollies
Boiled sweets
Cyclizine
Mcdonaldsn breakfast, specifically sausage and egg mcmuffin meal with a large tea!!

Theyvallgone Wed 03-Dec-14 14:06:18

Flat, ice cold lemonade
Plain carbs
Lying down
Cold grapes or pre-prepared fruit straight from fridge.

Could only eat in small amounts for weeks, never gulp water or eat lots!

angstybaby Wed 03-Dec-14 16:19:17

i tried eating regularly during 2 pregnancies and but realise now with number 3 that the longer i can leave it between the meals, the better. totally contrary to all the advice but it worked for me. also, eat lightly and slowly.
chewing gum, but only fresh stuff.
and i really want salty things, and the thought of fruit and veg makes me want to gag. roll on week 12! bleurgh...

redexpat Wed 03-Dec-14 19:10:58

s&v crisps
orange juice
apples
breadsticks and cream cheese
cream crackers with butter

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 03-Dec-14 19:13:23

Lemonade

Crisps

Bacon sandwiches

Remaining horizontal in bed at all times. Thank god DH could work from home so much when I was pregnant with DS1, I think I would have had to move in with my parents otherwise I was so poorly. Couldn't even stagger to the loo without throwing up.

bellaboo88 Wed 03-Dec-14 23:38:50

Anything white - bread, chips, crisps

Ice pops are fab & aldi yoghurt/biscuit bar things. Minute you feel neausea, nibble on something....I couldn't leave the house without something in my bag.

Threeplus1 Wed 03-Dec-14 23:47:53

Lemonade
Orange San pelegrino
Salt and vinegar kettle crisps
Peppermint tea
Toast
Lots of naps and early nights

ovaltine Wed 03-Dec-14 23:50:23

Cans of coke
Avoid pregnancy vitamins - iron makes you worse
Ondanestron - a lifesaver!!!

bubalou Thu 04-Dec-14 10:55:24

Hyperemesis sufferer here - started about week 5 and I didn't realise until I lost a stone and was unable to walk etc by week 10 that I wasn't experiencing 'normal' morning sickness.

Anyway I am better now due to hospitalisation, medication etc - still sick a few times a week and have some bad days but eating more regularly which is good and now I'm at 14 weeks have put on 3lbs! Woohoo

Life savers for me were similar to others -

Lemonade
Crisps
Salted Popcorn
Jelly
Lollies
Toast
Apples
Crackers
Pretzels
Dairlea Dunkers

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now