Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Unstable Lie

(9 Posts)
NorthernLAS Tue 02-Dec-14 07:59:23

I'm feeling a bit miserable and need a moan!

I'm 38 weeks and my baby is wriggling around all over the place, as in he was head down, transverse and breech at various points yesterday. The consultant diagnosed unstable lie, which means I'm at risk of a prolapsed cord if my waters go.

As a result, I'm not allowed out of hospital without a baby. I've been here since Friday and booked in for a c section at 39 weeks, the earliest slot being on the 12th!

So I'm in for a long stay. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Fattyfattyyumyum Tue 02-Dec-14 08:22:35

Me!
Same situation. After various scans etc was kept in for ELCS at 39+4. It totally sucks, I was devastated and am scared it will happen again (pregnant with dc2) only even worse I'll have to leave my toddler at home.

Only advise I can offer is get lots of books / iPad & visitors. Go for a walk round the hospital as often as you can xx

NorthernLAS Tue 02-Dec-14 09:03:12

I have a three year old at home. I'm just trying at chat to everyone I meet in the day room to keep sane!

Ridingthestorm Tue 02-Dec-14 09:08:27

I spent a week in hospital after giving birth. On the second day, I was transferred from a four-bed side room on the ward to a room on my own because DS was transferred to SCBU with an infection. Though he came back to me on day four, we spent a further two days alone as he needed light therapy for jaundice. I went insane on day five and packed my bags! I was ADAMANT I was going home on day six! The only time I saw people was when the health assistants filled up my water jug or the midwives came for routine stuff.
This time I am in for a ELCS and I am going to pay for use of the tv whilst I am in. Only so much reading and listening to music I can take and DH will go insane without his ipad at home!!!

NorthernLAS Tue 02-Dec-14 09:28:12

As soon as they told me I could be in for another 10 days, I bought credit for the TV! I have an iPad but with no wifi there's only so much I can do.

I'm in a side ward and really look forward to someone coming in to sweep the floor or ask what I want for lunch!

basgetti Tue 02-Dec-14 09:39:31

Hi OP, I'm 37+2 with a sort of transverse lie, I've been booked in for ELCS next week at 38+4. I haven't been admitted, they've just told me to head immediately to the hospital if any sign of labour. I have 2 clinic appts this week though. I've spent ALOT of time in hospital this pregnancy though with HG, bought many TV cards (they are bloody expensive!)

NorthernLAS Tue 02-Dec-14 13:24:57

My baby has decided to go for head down, so they're going to break my waters whilst they can! I could have a baby today!

Jodie1982 Tue 02-Dec-14 13:40:19

OMG OP wishing you all the best! Hopefully you'll b outta there soon with your bubby. smile

basgetti Tue 02-Dec-14 13:42:50

Ooh good luck! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now