Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

scan at 7 weeks - what to expect?

(16 Posts)
hopefull2424 Tue 02-Dec-14 07:11:21

Hi. After ending up at hospital yesterday they have decided to scan me tomorrow at 7 weeks. Can anyone tell me what to expect? X

boatrace30 Tue 02-Dec-14 07:26:24

I had a scan at five weeks. They will probably try to scan externally first, but will likely need to do it internally. This really isn't bad. Not painful at all, they use a small rounded probe. You should then get a good image and possibly they will pick up a heartbeat. They might do an hcg blood test too. Good luck!

Swanny84 Tue 02-Dec-14 07:56:59

As boat race says, don't worry when the sonographer takes AGES to let you know what she can see, feels like time stands still before she turns screen to you & in my experience always looks so serious. Good luck, I hope all goes well xxx

Bondy83 Tue 02-Dec-14 09:35:35

I had an external scan at 7+2 I saw a little bean with a strong flickering heartbeat

Rumplestrumpet Tue 02-Dec-14 10:31:30

I had my 8 week scan yesterday, didn't even bother to try doing external scan, just went straight for the internal (better visibility and after going through fertility treatment I'm totally used to it!). We saw a little blob (seriously, nothing baby-like about it) but with a clear strong thumping little heartbeat. It was lovely - exactly what I needed to put the worry behind me and embrace the pregnancy with open arms.
I hope all goes well for you.

hopefull2424 Tue 02-Dec-14 12:28:07

Thanks for the replies all. I'm a bit nervous of what to expect so early :/
Also nausea has hit me like a slap in the face today. Any tips for how to control it. Had to come home from work sad

boatrace30 Tue 02-Dec-14 12:40:35

I have found that the best thing for me it to eat regularly - just eat whatever you can stomach!

dietcokeisgreat Tue 02-Dec-14 12:48:23

I had a scan at 6w and saw a little bean like blob with a flickering heart beat and a yolk sac. Eagerly awaiting my dating scan which is next week (13+5 grump)!

squizita Tue 02-Dec-14 12:52:49

At 7 weeks it might be internal but they just rest a wand thing just on the entrance to the vagina, it's painless. Either way when all is well (and sickness is a very good sign) you see a little blob with a flashing light - the heart beat. smile I had 6 scans by 14 weeks, bit of an old hand lol.

Caterina99 Tue 02-Dec-14 13:51:36

I had a scan at 7 weeks. It was internal (didn't hurt, just felt a bit uncomfortable at a few points when she was sort of jabbing it about to get a different angle) and saw a vaguely baby shaped blob with a flickering heartbeat.

FluffyJawsOfDoom Tue 02-Dec-14 16:07:09

My scan at 7+4 was external, there was a heartbeat and it looked like a wee baby lol :-) good luck x

hopefull2424 Wed 03-Dec-14 06:13:30

So scan today at 3.00 feeling nervous. They have asked me to have a very full bladder so does this mean they will try external scan first?

boatrace30 Wed 03-Dec-14 06:37:41

Sounds like it, because it needs to be empty for internal. Hope all goes well!

Swanny84 Wed 03-Dec-14 16:46:27

How did scan go? Xx

hopefull2424 Wed 03-Dec-14 17:36:08

Hi all. Just back from scan. All was well baby measures a bit smaller than they thought but said thats normal. They couldn't see my ovaries so have requested a detailed scan of this at my 12 weeks scan. Best bit of all was seeing the little heartbeat smile

Swanny84 Wed 03-Dec-14 17:39:08

Awwww, how gorgeous. So relieved for you xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now