Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I miscarrying?

(18 Posts)
Mummytogoldie Mon 01-Dec-14 21:28:48

I am 5 weeks pregnant went to the toilet about an hour ago and when I got off the toilet was splattered with blood, there was blood when I wiped. I now have a pain in my side and low back ache sad Its not looking good is it? I am devastated

Swanny84 Mon 01-Dec-14 22:03:39

Awww I hope not sad really don't know what to say sad are you still bleeding? Not sure on all procedures but our hospital only scan over 6 weeks so you'd have to do pregnancy test sad but seek medical advice asap and hopefully they'll scan you/do bloods and put it on your record. Unfortunately as awful as it is they can't prevent early miscarriages sad so sorry your going through this cxxx

Mummytogoldie Mon 01-Dec-14 22:31:32

Yes still bleeding sad guess it's just sit and wait till the morning and ring gp x

Swanny84 Mon 01-Dec-14 22:35:28

Awww no I am so sorry, honestly feel terrible for you. Do hear some positive stories so there's always a little bit of hope. Try rest as much as you can. Plenty of fluids. Fingers crossed for you xxx

weeblueberry Mon 01-Dec-14 23:12:01

Can you call the EPU rather than the GP? They'll probably be able to give you more directed advice?

coastergirl Mon 01-Dec-14 23:27:07

I don't know if this helps at all, but I bled on and off until around 10 weeks, enough that on a couple of occasions I was convinced I was miscarrying. I'm now 24 weeks and all is fine. Good luck x

Mummytogoldie Tue 02-Dec-14 00:59:27

Did you have backache at all coastergirl?

boatrace30 Tue 02-Dec-14 07:30:53

I bled at 4wks plus four days and was scanned. Though that was because of dates being wrong. They couldn't see anything. They rescanned a week later and all was fine. I bled on and off for two weeks with one heavy bleed. It was due to a small blood clot. I had period pain like cramps with it. Fingers crossed for you.

LizziTea Tue 02-Dec-14 08:09:06

I just wanted to add that when you speak to a GP, it's important to mention the pain in your side - because this is sometimes connected with an ectopic, you will probably get seen by the EPU and get a definite answer more quickly. It also means that it's good to see someone as soon as possible - ie. ask for an urgent appointment or call 111 rather than accepting an appointment in one weeks time! The risk of ectopic is still really low, but everyone takes it seriously.

Mummytogoldie Tue 02-Dec-14 09:45:50

Bleeding has increased over night and now have really bad back ache. I have rang epau and have a scan for tomorrow. If the pain comes back in my side I have to go to a and e x

coastergirl Tue 02-Dec-14 10:55:47

No mummy I didn't have backache but did have period type pains. They now think it was my cervix bleeding. Good luck

Swanny84 Wed 03-Dec-14 12:06:06

How are you feeling mummy? Good luck for your scan xxx

Mummytogoldie Wed 03-Dec-14 20:32:58

Had scan today and mc was confirmed sad

LizziTea Wed 03-Dec-14 20:38:53

Thinking of you. Hope your appointment went okay today. It's such a scary time... Xxx

Swanny84 Wed 03-Dec-14 21:07:07

Oh no sad so sorry to hear that. Lots of love xxx

plinkyplonks Wed 03-Dec-14 21:11:38

Really sorry to hear that x Please take care and give yourself time to come to terms with your loss x flowers

leanne963 Wed 03-Dec-14 23:29:45

Thinking of you, I am so sorry! Look after yourself and take some time to recover xx

LikeASoulWithoutAMind Wed 03-Dec-14 23:31:33

mummytogoldie I'm really sorry for your loss. Do be kind to yourself x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now