Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

High blood pressure?

(7 Posts)
noitsachicken Mon 01-Dec-14 19:25:31

After some advice please.
In my last pregnancy my BP was raised at the very end 38/39 weeks, no big deal, DS arrived on time so no major concerns. They did say it may happen earlier in this pregnancy though.
I am now 35+2, I have been keeping an eye on my BP with my dads machine.
I usually have low blood pressure, and so far this pregnancy no issues.
Today it was 126/85, I know the top number is ok but what about the 85? Is that a concern?
I am having a rest for half an hour then will take it again, I will ring assessment until if it is the same or higher, but just thought I would ask on here in the meantime.
Thanks

babybrainache Mon 01-Dec-14 19:32:28

That seems pretty normal to me. I had high bp last time and no one got concerned until my bp was more like 145/95. But go and get checked if you are at all worried.

noitsachicken Mon 01-Dec-14 19:47:55

Thanks. I have had a stressful day so that's probably not helping!
It's usually (when not pregnant) so low, it's just not normal for me.
But I am probably just anxious. Can't wait for the next few weeks to be over with!

FlossieTreadlight Mon 01-Dec-14 19:51:15

<disclaimer - am not a health professional> just had DS and the bottom number had to be at 90 or over for alarm bells to ring for my MW. But... Give triage a call to set your mind to rest

Nocturne123 Mon 01-Dec-14 19:53:37

Same as flossie . My bottom number was constantly over 90 so they put me on tablets for the last few weeks .

As above of you're worried go get it checked out . Best of luck smile

caravela Mon 01-Dec-14 20:05:49

Same for me. At 85 my GP had no worries. In labour it went above 90 and hospital staff were concerned. After the birth it averaged around 83 and GP said not a problem.

I was also told by a doctor at the time that it was less likely to happen in a second pregnancy, which sounds different to what you've been told.

noitsachicken Mon 01-Dec-14 20:12:43

Thanks all.
Sounds like nothing to worry about, I just asked a nurse friend as well who said the same.
Interesting you were told different caravela

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now