Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

morning sickness.......help!

(14 Posts)
weelamb123 Mon 01-Dec-14 17:51:28

Any remedies for morning sickness? I'm dying here.......��

beeecaaa Mon 01-Dec-14 18:00:17

Hello.

I'm 14 weeks pregnant with my first baby and I'm suffering terrible sickness.

At 10 weeks I went to my doctor who prescribed me some tablets that didn't work.

I'm missing so much work because of my sickness which is not ideal as I'm struggling to pay my bills now.

I have tried everything, some people say ginger works, it didn't for me.

Each woman is different. I'm constantly guzzling lemonade which seems to help me. I also sip on straight lemon juice.

I understand morning sickness is terrible but unfortunately there's really mot many remedies.

I really hope you find something that works for you, and if you ever need a chat (or rant) about it, please pm me.

All the best xx

ToriB34 Mon 01-Dec-14 18:04:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

weelamb123 Mon 01-Dec-14 18:05:50

Thank u, this is my second child and was really ill with him too. I was put on stemitil which did help but they come with risks and don't want to take them this time round. I think I'm going to end up off on the sick as I just can't move. I'm fine wen lying down. Meant to have Christmas night out on Friday but cant see me managing ���� xxx

ClariceBeanthatsme Mon 01-Dec-14 18:05:51

Yes ice cold lemonade, ice cubes, fruit, fruit pastilles all helped me. If its so bad you can't keep food down do see your doctor though. It will hopefully pass after the first trimester fingers crossed wink

weelamb123 Mon 01-Dec-14 18:06:59

Thank u��

plummyjam Mon 01-Dec-14 18:25:20

See your GP and ask for something for sickness, they're safe. Don't try and eat healthily just eat what you fancy. I've been on a diet of beige carbohydrates for the past 6 weeks.

ToAvoidConversation Tue 02-Dec-14 06:24:21

See your GP and ask for something different. How bad is it! Is it bad enough to have a look at the Hyperemesis thread?

meglet Tue 02-Dec-14 06:41:49

If you can't keep food or water down you need to see your GP. I was given Avomine, they're a travel sickness tablet that have been used in pregnancy for years. They do have a brutal side effect as a sleeping tablet so you'll need help with DC1 but it should give you a chance of getting water and food inside you.

freshlysharpenedpencils Tue 02-Dec-14 10:08:19

Hello ladies - I'm in the same boat. The comment about being alright if you're lying down is me! I am yet to actually be sick - it's just a constant painful nausea. It really is in some way worse - because at least with my first id be sick and it would ease. This way I'm just on the edge of it all the live long day. So far I've found to really help
Indian Tonic water (with lime cordial)
Those bitter lemon San peligrino (can't spell) drinks.
Humbug mint sucking sweets
Fizzy sour cola bottle sweets (the blue and pink ones)
Jacket potatoes

That's it - I feel your pain x

Katemoran89 Tue 02-Dec-14 11:00:11

I'm only 8 weeks and I've had nausea since 5 weeks and sickness every day since about 6 weeks - this is my first pregnancy and I feel awful because I just can't wait for this first trimester to be over!!! Is that really bad?! I just feel so horrendous all the time. If I'm not nauseous then I have cramps and if it's not that then I have a headache - when will this end argh! Sorry to moan, still too early to be telling everyone so I don't really have anyone to chat to sad x

freshlysharpenedpencils Tue 02-Dec-14 12:09:37

you are fine to moan! It doesn't mean you're not happy about it - we all need a moan. And sickness is vile.

Clarabell33 Tue 02-Dec-14 12:17:42

Travel sickness wristbands helped a bit for me. Only a bit, and yes, it might have just been in my head... but frankly I was prepared to try anything smile

Oh, and ice lollies (especially sharp lemon ones). Also complaining a lot at DH made me feel better on principle - share the wealth and all that.

hopefull2424 Tue 02-Dec-14 12:32:32

I'm 7 weeks and feel awful. I'm going to try all your suggestions! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now