Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early pregnancy scare

(14 Posts)
Kimbo95 Mon 01-Dec-14 17:31:24

I have recently found out that I am pregnant, only about 2/3 weeks. I am very worried as I have come on my period today as normal (heavily) and am worried, can you still bleed while being pregnant? As this is my first pregnancy I don't know what's normal. Any help please?

ClumsyCrocheter Mon 01-Dec-14 17:34:54

I'm not an expert as I am on my first pregnancy too, but from what you've said, it matches up with what others here have said about chemical pregnancies. On the other hand though, some posts/info online says bleeding in early pregnancy is normal.
I think the best thing to do though, is to try and speak/see your Dr tomorrow, as they'll be able to answer your questions for you.
Hope you're ok flowers

Kimbo95 Mon 01-Dec-14 17:38:52

Thank you I'm so confused with what's going on, and it's impossible for me to get an appointment so it's making me panic more sad I hope everything's good and congratulations grin

Greyhound Mon 01-Dec-14 17:42:59

It does sound like an early miscarriage but the only way to know for sure is a scan.

You could take a pregnancy test to see if it still positive.

Good luck.

Swanny84 Mon 01-Dec-14 17:50:20

People do bleed but usually bright red blood, lots of it accompanied with pain isn't good news, sorry, I bled with my 1st 11 years ago but was never a proper period was really light and only lasted a day (bit more than spotting). It's upsetting that there's nothing you can do for miscarriages and the hospital don't seem concerned etc but they really can't do anything sad
However, relax as much as you can. Monitor blood flow and repeat test over next few days sad so sorry for you going through this worry. Take care xxx

Kimbo95 Mon 01-Dec-14 17:53:13

Thank you for some information I think I should take a test when I can as I don't think hospital or doctors will be much help considering I can't get appointment, I have a feeling it's not good news tho :'(

Greyhound Mon 01-Dec-14 17:55:54

I've had four miscarriages, all first trimester.

They all started with spotting - "old" blood that was brownish. I had to have surgery with the first as it was query ectopic. I also had a d&c with the fourth. The middle two started off light bleeding and got heavier - like a heavy period.

If you get any severe pain, please call your GP or antenatal unit at hospital.

thanksthanksthanks

Kimbo95 Mon 01-Dec-14 18:08:06

Ok thank you for that advice if I get pain i shall contact gp or hospital thank you so much everyone

ToriB34 Mon 01-Dec-14 18:24:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kimbo95 Mon 01-Dec-14 19:02:48

Will do thank you everyone so much xxxx

singmelullabies Tue 02-Dec-14 00:25:04

I'm so sorry you are having this worry. I also had an early miscarriage at about 6 weeks and it started off as brownish blood but soon became red and was like a normal period, sorry to say. sad Also, please bear in mind that if you do another test (as I did) it may well be positive because of the hormone levels still being high, even if you have sadly miscarried. The only way to know for sure is with a scan. I hope you get good news x

Kimbo95 Tue 02-Dec-14 01:06:01

Thank you for your help guys, just come back from a&e (what a hassle) but they say by the looks of things I'm still pregnant but they can't find out for definite until I'm about 5 weeks so they can do a scan, thank you everyone <3

mrsfazruns Tue 02-Dec-14 06:08:51

I got what I thought was my period then it lasted only 48 hours and was lighter ..... I'm now 6w it's all stopped and everything so far looking good! Just wanted you to know it's not necessary a bad thing x

Swanny84 Tue 02-Dec-14 07:17:32

Awww fingers crossed kimbo smile rest as much as you can xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now