Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any tips on how to tell the parents about our pregnancy? Lovely little surprise?

(11 Posts)
Rish55 Mon 01-Dec-14 17:07:26

Anyone have any ideas on how to tell the parents were pregnant? It's first child & going to be there first grandchild.

Any surprise ideas would be lovely? Suggestions pls xx

Going to be telling them just after Christmas I think (hopefully early Jan), but thought I'd get myself organised & start getting some ideas

Thank you in advance xx

gingerbreadmam Mon 01-Dec-14 17:12:13

bit cheesey but i bought my dad a card that said 'grandad' on the front and printed off a photo of the cb digital test and stuck it inside and just said inside 'congratulations, incase you havent figured it out already youre going to be a grandad'.

he welled up so did the trick haha! if u wanted to tell them at christmas theres loadsa of christmas themed 'props' you could use! good luck and congratulations.

ScienceRocks Mon 01-Dec-14 17:15:30

We took my ILs for afternoon tea and then handed them the scan photos. They cried.

Lunastarfish Mon 01-Dec-14 17:24:27

My 12 week scan is Xmas eve so providing everything is fine, we are planning on putting the scan picture in their Xmas cards.

Swanny84 Mon 01-Dec-14 17:26:36

I put photo of preg test on a card, they had just moved house so assumed it was a new home card. If you've had a scan you could put pic on a card or a cup. Or put it on a t shirt and just wear it when you visit, with writing above saying "I'm on my way to meet you" or something xx

Rish55 Mon 01-Dec-14 17:44:53

Thank you for the replies. I like the idea of having it printed on a card. Will have to be my pregnancy test, unless we wait for my first scan which is 13th Jan. hmm

Xx

gingerbreadmam Mon 01-Dec-14 17:52:21

if ur prepared to tell them early what about a babys first christmas bauble of something for them to put on the tree, could use a marker pen cross out baby and put bump so they get it kind of thing?

Supernoodlesandwiches Mon 01-Dec-14 20:01:59

With our first we wrapped up a pair of booties with a little tag attached saying please keep these safe for me until I can wear them in November (due date) then put in a pretty gift box. My parents had no suspicions so it was lovely to watch the penny drop when they realised my mum cried! Did the same for the in laws although MIL Didn't get it and we had to explain!

Nuttynortherner Tue 02-Dec-14 08:25:47

We got baby books for each grandparent (nursery rhymes for my dad who's musical, counting book for accountant MIL) with a note-dear Grandad/Grandma, please will you read me this in February?

FreckleBee Tue 02-Dec-14 16:26:33

We bought a lovely child's book which mum read to me when I was little, inside it we wrote "to Grandma and Grandad, please will you read this to me when I arrive in April? Love from your first grandchild x" We wrapped it up and gave them it to open together.
I loved watching their expressions turn from nostalgic at the book to emotional as they read the message. I'll remember it forever!
Hope you have a lovely experience telling your parents smile

littlesparkle Tue 02-Dec-14 16:31:07

^ i have done that too for both sets of grandparents! his parents have a beatrix potter book, my parents have the magic faraway tree which my mum used to read to me smile

we're giving them theirs this weekend and i'm so excited!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now