Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First pregnancy - when did your baby drop? Can you help it along?!

(4 Posts)
makeitabetterplace Mon 01-Dec-14 13:15:21

I've read anything from 34 weeks to when you're in labour. I'm 31 weeks. I was just wondering when yours dropped? I'm hoping that dropping will relieve some of the awful rib pain. Anything I can do to hurry it along?

sparklyandbright Mon 01-Dec-14 13:26:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

makeitabetterplace Mon 01-Dec-14 13:28:18

I've heard you can rock about on a birthing ball to move things downwards. I don't know what needs to happen for a baby to be ready to drop but that it happens sooner with first pregnancies. I'm hoping people will be along soon to offer some ideas!

FruitBadger Mon 01-Dec-14 14:54:25

I'm 40+11 with my first and according to the MW on Saturday who was attempting a 2nd sweep it still hasn't grin

Apparently some babies just don't. They think (with me) there's a pocket of fluid inbetween the baby's head and where it needs to go to engage, so have said it probably won't drop until my waters go. I asked about bouncing on a ball etc but the three MWs I've seen since 40 weeks have said that's better for helping a poorly positioned baby get into a better position and it won't make much difference for my situation. Not helpful to you but sometimes it's just a waiting game!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now