Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Best time to have a HD scan?

(9 Posts)
Bondy83 Mon 01-Dec-14 13:13:50

I'm 27 weeks and thinking about having a HD scan just wondered when's the best time to have it done? I had 1 at 16wks when we found out the sex but he was a bit alien like. I'm really struggling with a name so I'm thinking if I could see his face it'll give me an idea of a name that will suit ( that's my excuse anyway )

makeitabetterplace Mon 01-Dec-14 13:16:11

28 - 32 weeks. We had one at 30 weeks. I was a bit disappointed to be honest. Her face was squishing into my placenta and we didn't get a good picture at all.

cheesecakemom Mon 01-Dec-14 13:24:28

Agree with PP. I wasn't disappointed though - I expected it. My dd was also using my placenta as a pillow and there was cord in front of her face. They made me walk for 30 mins and drink etc but it didn't work - she didn't change position.

Previous DD did the same for 4D scan so keep in mind you may not have the best photo. The experience is good.

PatMullins Mon 01-Dec-14 13:30:59

Have one asap smile before he gets too squished in there

Bondy83 Mon 01-Dec-14 15:15:54

I'm booked in for 10th I'll be 28+6 so fingers crossed he plays ball and doesn't cover his face

NomorepepperpigPLEASE Mon 01-Dec-14 15:21:42

These were mine at 30w6days.

She looked exactly like this when she came out !

NomorepepperpigPLEASE Mon 01-Dec-14 15:23:17

I Han them done at 17 weeks and I dish I hadn't ! She looked like an alien !

katelouise1 Mon 01-Dec-14 20:23:39

I had a HD at 33 weeks and it just looks like a photograph its perfect

LIG1979 Mon 01-Dec-14 22:00:34

I was due one at 30 weeks but ended up having an nhs growth scan a few days before and she was head down buried into my pelvis and they couldn't get a good picture of her head. I therefore never had the private scan because I didn't want to waste my money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now