Talk

Advanced search

Should I buy new bras for my growing boobs?

(5 Posts)
Shasha123 Mon 01-Dec-14 12:22:13

I am about 5-6 weeks pregnant and my boobs are getting larger, normal size were 75C but now I don't know but definitely bigger than that as 75C doesn't fit me anymore, I have to squeeze my boobs to 75C, they hurt a lot as well. Should I buy new bras for my growing boobs? Will they keep growing or will stop growing at certain stage? If I have to buy what type should I buy? Is there any special bra for this period?

HazleNutt Mon 01-Dec-14 12:43:24

Yes, if your bras are uncomfortable, then you should buy bigger ones that actually fit. There are so-called maternity bras available, but they are not really necessary, normal bras in your correct size will do just fine.
you can measure yourself according to this link thebetterbracampaign.blogspot.com/p/fitting-advice.html

They are likely to still change size, but it's hard to predict. Mine went up in cup size first, then back size when ribs expand, and then down in back size again, when baby dropped lower.

makeitabetterplace Mon 01-Dec-14 13:12:22

I'm 31 weeks and have needed three different sized bras since getting pregnant and I expect I will again once my milk comes in. Don't buy loads as you may only be that size for a few weeks and then need to change again. I went from 32c, to 32d, to 34dd. The fitting lady said to expect to be a 34e for breast feeding and then shrink back down again.

makeitabetterplace Mon 01-Dec-14 13:13:28

Worth mentioning - I did try normal underiwred bras but the wire digs into the top of my bump and I find the non wired ones much more comfy. I bought proper maternity bras with clips to undo one boob for breast feeding as I thought they'd probably fit on the way back down when I'm feeding.

GailLondon Mon 01-Dec-14 16:39:20

Urgh, i'm changing bra size all the time! I've been buying cheap supermarket ones as I cant bear spending all that money on a proper pair to then ditch them 5 weeks later.
I bought a pack of bra extenders and they have been amazing in making my current size last a bit longer! Would definitely recommend getting some.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now