Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

help me find a changing bag

(22 Posts)
Ineedmango Mon 01-Dec-14 10:58:58

Dc2 on the way. The changing bag is the only thing I'm agonising over (other than baby arriving safely of course).
With dc1 I had one that looked like a nice handbag (2 birds one stone.. I don't have any nice handbags) but the zip broke after a while and now it's unusable. It has to be strong and be able to pass off as a handbag, or be a handbag I can use as a changing bag. I have a budget of 200. has anybody seen any nice ones?

Racheyg Mon 01-Dec-14 11:14:31

I candy do some changing bags that look like handbags. I saw an ad in the back of vogue which had some different brands as well but cannot remember the name. Sorry sad

good luck x

Cannotbelieveit Mon 01-Dec-14 11:31:15

Il tutto make beautiful bags grin

il Tutto

NowThenMardyBum Mon 01-Dec-14 12:10:59

I have a Mia Tui from DD that I will use for DS when he arrives. I chose the minnie amelie which is quite large but great for going swimming etc or as an overnight bag. miatui.com/collections/minnie-amelie

They do other more hand-baggy style ones too!

MaltedMilkBiscuits Mon 01-Dec-14 12:31:47

I'm eyeing up a couple of Storksaks and a BabayBeau from John Lewis.

Jodie1982 Mon 01-Dec-14 15:06:29

£200 for a changing bag!?
I've seen some big HandBag type ones in Primark and I'm sure New Look had a couple. grin

Ineedmango Mon 01-Dec-14 16:07:19

Yes jodie a budget of £200. If I find a nice one for a lot less obviously ill get it but I'm looking for one a bit more long lasting and robust than primark or new look. Real leather if poss.

sparklyandbright Mon 01-Dec-14 16:08:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cherryblossom200 Mon 01-Dec-14 17:04:02

I have the Pacapod from John lewis, haven't used it yet as baby due in Feb. But I'm impressed with it. Lots of really good reviews on the bag. They also sell it in JoJo Bebe x

Dolly87 Mon 01-Dec-14 18:31:15

What a good thread, I've been looking for something similar. Prepared to pay more for something that lasts and looks like a handbag. My favourite so far is the Storksak Elizabeth in black or tan. Still haven't purchased as still not sure, there doesn't seem to be a lot on the market. Xx

Blanketontheground Mon 01-Dec-14 18:39:03

Consider buying a lovely leather tote bag. I didn't with dc2 and regret it as I could have used it after baby had grown out of nappies. If you have two kids you need a big bag when they are 2+ to carry pants and spare clothes but not all the baby bottles etc.

Blanketontheground Mon 01-Dec-14 18:41:36

www.russellandbromley.co.uk/totes/lola/invt/712598

My regret!

Blowninonabreeze Mon 01-Dec-14 18:45:40

an alternative to the ubiquitous storksac

EmilyCHN Mon 01-Dec-14 18:51:15

I know this isn't really in line with the thread topic.. but would you consider just buying a really nice handbag that can double up as a holdall for everything baby-related? I have been using a Longtemps Le Pliage, and have been carrying a little PinkLining bag in it, which has room for essentials ie. nappies, wipes, changing mat, dummy, mini pot sudocrem, nappy bags and dummies. Having said that I BF so didn't need to have space for formula/water/bottles etc.
Let us know what you decide to go with.. (I have just fallen in love with the LOLA from R&B.. and they're out of stock...bummeroonies!)

caravela Mon 01-Dec-14 20:09:33

Pacapod is fab. I have it and so do several of my friends. Loads of compartments, little pods for nappies ec, clips onto buggy, looks elegant t wipe-clean, relatively light.

listed Mon 01-Dec-14 20:11:16

SkipHop are really good.

I've had mine 2 years and it's like new.

Fits onto the back on the buggy really neatly and has loads of pockets, really easy access.

I love it.

trilbydoll Mon 01-Dec-14 20:13:06

I have a Mia Tui as well and it is lovely, looks as good now as it did a year ago despite me taking zero care with it.

A couple of friends have the pacapod and it doesn't look very flexible for fitting loads in, they always seem to be bursting at the seams!

Slongette Mon 01-Dec-14 20:33:07

I've got an OiOi which is great - some normal looking bags that your DH/DP would not mind carrying.

Pandapickle100 Tue 02-Dec-14 04:57:26

I second Skip Hop and the stroller strap clips are a great idea for not falling down the buggy handles... They do leather bags and fabric. John Lewis do a nice leather range too.

EstRusMum Tue 02-Dec-14 09:49:00

Wow. And here's me - buying changing bag from babiesrus for a tenner. Sorry, I think it's a waste of money - £200 for a changing bag...
You can get several bags without brand for this money, that will look just as good and might last much longer.

BrereRabbit Thu 04-Dec-14 17:33:15

Estrusmum I'm not meaning to offend. If that's what you're doing then that's fine. Last time around I spent about 20 and used boots vouchers saving money for other items but about 9 months in it literally fell to pieces.
I don't feel guilty this time, we already have a lot of the bigger items and have the money to treat myself to one that will last for years. It was my one regret purchase with dc1 and I don't want to buy a cheaper one three times over when this is all I need this time round really now.

Zahrah5 Thu 04-Dec-14 17:49:16

I am huge fan of Vera Bradley bags and handbag fan overal so will be definitelly be getting one of the Vera baby bags.

They are very lighweigh (quilted fabric) and super functionable, have different compartments, changing pad included etc. And the patterns are to die for, some very bright, some more subdued. Price is very reasonable, if bought on ebay it is a steal.

I own about 20 Vera bags right now and since I am pregnant it is all I want to carry as leather handbag is too heavy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now