Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Constant kicks

(7 Posts)
NinjaPanda34 Sun 30-Nov-14 17:35:36

Hi, up until last night I've had normal movements. But from last night and all day today I've had massive kicks, turns, thumps, ripples. I know that feeling no movement should be a cause for concern, but when they're thrashing around is that a sign of distress? (or am I over-thinking this?) I'm utterly exhausted with all this movement. Is it normal for the movements to ramp up at bit towards the last couple of months? (I'm 29 weeks with twins) thanks

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Sun 30-Nov-14 17:40:06

They are probably having a good readjust in their positions aren't they. Still some space at 29 weeks but strong enough to kick hard?

HulaHoopsInTheBath Sun 30-Nov-14 18:02:52

Im not having twins, however I do have a hugely active bump. Bit scared as I don't think she sleeps, ever, hopefully not a sign of things to come!!!

I have always thought an active bump was a happy bump and find it reassuring (although less so at 3am). I am 35+2 and she is still finding plenty dancing space smile

Happilymarried155 Sun 30-Nov-14 20:58:32

My bump never sleeps either! It moves constantly, I can see it wriggling around and moving from the outside and it constantly kicks! I hope it sleeps abit more when it's born ;) x

StuntCodPiece Sun 30-Nov-14 21:01:15

If it's not normal for you and you are worried then call your midwife or labour ward for advice. Not worth taking any risks. It will put your mind at rest at least.

butternut22 Sun 30-Nov-14 21:34:20

The advice from count the kicks is to get advice regarding any change in movement not just a reduction so I would call them.

butternut22 Sun 30-Nov-14 21:34:55

As in the midwives or hospital x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now