Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Headache virus and pregnant ow!

(4 Posts)
Siarie Sun 30-Nov-14 11:14:36

Pretty sure I have some kind of headache virus, I would have claimed it was just due to pregnancy but DH also had a bad headache and was sick yesterday. It's so bad that we went to bed and slept for 12 hours just to get some relief!

I've still got a headache today, I know I can have paracetamol and I have been having that but any other ideas? It feels like that's barely touching the sides. Ouch!

I don't have time to go to the doctor either as we are going away early tomorrow morning. I literally want to scoop out my brain right now.

Bondy83 Sun 30-Nov-14 13:14:34

Try kool and soothe migraines strips to take the edge off

redexpat Sun 30-Nov-14 20:37:31

Ginger ale.

Swifey Sun 30-Nov-14 20:46:48

Hi there!! I am a migraine suffere who is also pregnant, so I feel your pain! Depends how pregnant you are, but pretty much before 36 weeks you can take codeine too, solpadeine max or the like. Being really hydrated helps, as does not being tired. Try to keep eating as well, as this will accentuate the pain too. A cold flannel always helps me too, over your whole forehead and eyes. Sleeping does help, a caffeinated drink (not over your daily amount of course ��) may help ease it too. Anything else you need to know then feel free to ask me! Good luck, hope you feel better soon xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now