Talk

Advanced search

30 weeks and think baby transverse lie

(18 Posts)
Littleflump15 Sat 29-Nov-14 17:06:58

hi all I am 30 weeks pregnant and pretty sure baby is transverse ( bump up under ribs feet by hip) and has been for the last few weeks. At what point should baby be turning and what happens if he/she doesn't?? Thanks :-)

PisforPeter Sat 29-Nov-14 17:15:28

It's still early days so I would worry just yet, baby is likely to turn. If it still transverse at 38/39 weeks they may try ECV but if still yen averse they would probably recommend an elective c section.
But, I emphasise that a lot can change in the next few weeks. All the best x

PisforPeter Sat 29-Nov-14 17:16:19

My silly spellings blush

Littleflump15 Sat 29-Nov-14 17:17:05

Great thanks fingers crossed, I just appear to have a very lazy baby whose got comfy and doesn't want to move! X

basgetti Sat 29-Nov-14 17:21:39

I am 37 weeks and my baby has remained transverse (although sort of diagonal now!) so I've been booked in for an ELCS when I'm 38+4. They offered to attempt the ECV but it wasn't for me. Hope your baby manages to turn soon, mine seems to be stuck here for the duration!

Finola1step Sat 29-Nov-14 17:28:57

My ds was transverse for ages. I was monitored quiet closely from about 36 weeks iirc. He then went head down at 37 weeks. But then went breech at 38 weeks. He finally settled head down at 39 weeks. But then decided to wait until 42 weeks to arrive.

And now he's coming up for 7 and is still quite wriggly!

Dd was less of an acrobat but she was breech. Had he turned at 37 weeks. She arrived at 41 weeks.

So it's still early days OP. Congratulations on your baby. flowers

Littleflump15 Sat 29-Nov-14 17:38:51

Thanks everyone just wait and see I suppose, first baby so all new��he/she does seem a touch on the lazy side though and seems to like where they are at the moment. Basgetti hope your section all goes to plan very exciting ��

Heleng1982 Sat 29-Nov-14 17:51:10

My third baby turned to transverse at 39 weeks my midwife noticed and sent me to the hospital for scans . I was then asked to go back the next day for them to try and turn him . It didn't work hmmso I had to stay in hospital and would of had to stay until I had him but lucky for me he turned on his own. I got sent home and I had to be induced 14 days later . If he hadn't turned I would of been booked for a section which I was dreading smilehopefully your lo will turn you've still got time x

EssexMummy123 Sat 29-Nov-14 20:33:26

There was a thread recently about ecv - after reading it no way would i go for it.

Finola1step Sat 29-Nov-14 21:20:57

Essex I had an ECV with dd. It was fine and it worked. But I was vv lucky that my local hospital at the time is a national leader on certain aspects of neo natal care. But it's not an easy decision to make.

Becca1818 Sun 30-Nov-14 06:13:25

I only learnt this from going to antenatal classes but if you look at your green notes at the last appointment with midwife it should say how baby was lying at last appointment. I realize he/she could have moved since then but interesting none the less smile

Littleflump15 Sun 30-Nov-14 09:41:53

Hi becca1818 the last midwife I saw tbh was pretty useless I mentioned it and she said oh I wouldn't even worry it's too early and then said she couldn't tell which way baby was laying, even though it's pretty obvious when I lie down! Hopefully next one might be a little more proactive ! ��

blankfornames Sun 30-Nov-14 10:00:33

Hi Littleflump, I'm almost 29 weeks and baba keeps switching from transverse to breech. My midwife said baby can keep moving until about 36 weeks when it starts to go towards it's final position.
My yoga teacher recommends using a torch to attract the head down to pelvic area and frozen peas to get baby moving away from an area. It worked for one of the girls in the class! Might be too early yet, but worth considering!

JellyBean25 Sun 30-Nov-14 10:19:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Littleflump15 Sun 30-Nov-14 10:24:19

Fingers crossed baby moves to where he/she needs to be then like everyone says plenty of time he/she just seems a bit lazy and hasn't moved for the last two weeks, will have to get drastic and threaten with frozen pease!!

JellyBean25 Sun 30-Nov-14 10:37:07

Sorry - didn't mean to post my last message in this thread! Have asked for it to be removed.

September60b Sun 30-Nov-14 10:52:39

Hi op, I had growth scans at 28 and 31 weeks and baby was breech and then transverse up until about a week ago. The midwife had a feel this week and it looks as though baby is now head down at 35 weeks. I was told that baby can turn right up until the last minute, but I really thought that she wouldn't!

I used a technique from the website spinning babies, and looked at some yoga positions on you tube. Have spent many nights crawling round on all fours and kneeling on the floor with my bum in the air. Used the frozen peas trick on my ribs too!smile

BilboTheAlmighty Sun 30-Nov-14 11:42:03

Baby was transverse when I was 30 weeks. Then one night I felt a big swoosh and at my next appointment the MW confirmed baby is now head down smile So don't panic yet smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now