Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5 weeks pregnant and cramping

(4 Posts)
Redfinn Sat 29-Nov-14 12:59:54

Hello,

I recently underwent a mild IVF treatment and 11 days ago I got a positive result.

On 5 days I am having my 6 week scan which I am really nervous about.
After the embryo transfer and up until a few days ago I had a lot of cramping, especially at night. I also kept having to pee. Up to 5 times a night! It all seems to have calmed down now. Only some occassional cramping and needing to pee once a night. I am worried that maybe I am not pregnant anymore!

Has anyone else had these symptons? Do you know what they can mean?

Meds wise I am on Clexane and progesterone pessaries.

Thanks for reading!

Emilyjane11 Sat 29-Nov-14 20:16:44

I had cramps non stop for about two weeks im 9 weeks and we saw our baby on Thursday and its heartbeat. Don't worry! Cramps is a good sign says my midwife, means everything is growing and stretching to make ro xx

Loiterer Sat 29-Nov-14 20:59:30

Congratulations! I had terrible cramps at about 5-6 weeks in the night, so bad on a couple of occasions I woke DH up. I'm still waiting for my scan so I could be wrong (positive thinking) but I have a feeling they were for a good reason and my body preparing itself for the baby and as Emily says, growing and stretching.

Try not to worry.

Emilyjane11 Sun 30-Nov-14 13:27:00

Yeah there were a few occasions where I had to rock myself lay down they were that bad. This was before I found out I was pregnant. Please don't worry smile xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now