Advanced search

Should I talk to a doctor?

(3 Posts)
joosiewoosie Sat 29-Nov-14 02:29:33

Hi. I'm 33.5 weeks pregnant and have had a bruised feeling underneath (between my legs by my buttocks) for a good few weeks now. My back is really achy and I find it difficult to sit or lie comfortably.

At my 32 week check I was measuring 43 weeks.(I have a v large fibroid which contributes to this figure). I also have a bit of sciatica I think, from my right lower back, affecting my right leg.
I think my pains might be spd/pgp and have read that not much can be done about them.hmm

Is it worth me talking to a doctor about them or is it more a case of grinning and bearing it at this point? I'm having to significantly alter how I manage with my toddler on a daily basis, but wonder if a doctor could really add anything useful that might help me.
I know that in reality and the grand scheme, it's not long to go now, but I'm not sure what to do for the best.
Many thanks in advance.

ChineseFireball Sat 29-Nov-14 03:55:44

I sympathise! I would mention it to your MW - should be due your 34 week appointment soon, right? Ask about an obstetric PGP physio referral. They are normally fairly quick and you can get advice on how to manage the pain, may get a tubigrip to help with supporting your pelvis and should also get some advice on exercises you can do to alleviate it a bit.

makeitabetterplace Sat 29-Nov-14 09:03:14

Physio would be waste of time. If you can afford to see an osteopath go and do that. I had two sessions and my pgp completely went.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: