Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

18 weeks pg- extreme dizziness feeling

(6 Posts)
Newlywed56 Fri 28-Nov-14 20:58:12

Hi,

Just wanted some advice and reassurance if anyone else has experienced the same...
I'm 18 weeks pregnant and since last week I am nearly constantly feeling so dizzy I feel like I'm swaying - particularly when sitting down normally sad.. I actually feel like I'm moving when I'm not

I went to the Dr and they did bloods(not sure what exactly they looked for) and said bp was fine (suffered from low bp in first trimester which also caused dizziness but it was different to this) and said its just likely hormones or a general pregnancy symptom :/

Just wondering is this normal??

AlwaysLurking38 Fri 28-Nov-14 21:04:41

Unfortunately yes, I had this from 16 weeks till 24 weeks. And now at 34 weeks it's decided to come back!

I wouldn't worry too much if your blood and b/p came back normal. Mine has been really low all through out the pregnancy and only just started creeping up.

What helped me was eating little and often even when I wasn't hungry.

It will ease off so don't stress to much

FastWindow Fri 28-Nov-14 21:10:32

I get this after riding in a lift or a plane or boat. If I have to get in a lift after a flight I'm screwed for days.

However in pg just do make sure your BP is OK and that you are keeping sugars up.

Newlywed56 Fri 28-Nov-14 21:13:33

Thanks so much - yes been eating little and often since the start and drinking a lot to try and keep it at bay.. Just feel like I may as well be sitting on a swaying boat when I'm really just sitting on the sofa! sad

slightlyinsane Fri 28-Nov-14 21:28:26

Low iron levels can add to this which is possibly what the drs were checking for. If you haven't already had the results chase them up, took me asking wks later for them to realise my levels were way down.

Emilyrose1290 Fri 28-Nov-14 21:29:19

I had this when I was about 20 weeks for two weeks or so then it eased off. Doc said because my bp and heart rate were fine not to worry and they said I was probably 'doing too much' and needed to rest as much as possible

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now