Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Books for dads?

(9 Posts)
supersupersupershock Fri 28-Nov-14 17:40:04

Hi - any recommendations for books for dads to be that explain I don't know... pregnancy, hormones (!) and stuff.... this is not for a first time date, but his last baby was born 20 years ago!

Heels99 Fri 28-Nov-14 17:41:28

Lol that he doesn't know how pregnancy works....!

moggle Fri 28-Nov-14 17:57:45

My DH has enjoyed The expectant dad's handbook by Dean Beaumont, he read it about three times during my pregnancy! It had a lot of stuff in about what was going on with me, not just baby.
DD is 2 weeks old and so far he's loving every minute of fatherhood :-)

supersupersupershock Fri 28-Nov-14 20:04:13

Lol at me putting first time 'date'... imagine turning up on first date with a book like this

Thanks Moggle - will take a look

BilboTheAlmighty Fri 28-Nov-14 20:29:05

DH loves his Commando Dad book! I can't remember the author but a quick google search should point you in the right direction smile

browneyedgirly Fri 28-Nov-14 20:33:50

The Expectant Dad's Survival Guide by Rob Kemp is really good. My husband is enjoying it and I also think it's great, really straight talking and funny as hell in places. Think most people would get on well with it.

Psmith83 Fri 28-Nov-14 20:48:22

My husband keeps quoting facts at me from The dummies guide to pregnancy for fathers book. I think he likes all of the info.... shock

cheshirem2b Fri 28-Nov-14 22:57:24

My hubby got given the Haynes Manual of babies by his friend and he loves it! Not sure how useful it is but it's entertaining!

supersupersupershock Sat 29-Nov-14 15:22:27

Thanks all. Will check them out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now