Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

9 weeks and on off symptoms

(5 Posts)
Kungpowkitten76 Fri 28-Nov-14 13:50:07

Help! I am 9 weeks pregnant with my first baby, and for the first 7 weeks I had constant nausea, no pains or aches and tender breasts. Now at 9 weeks all I have are tender breasts. I am due for a scan at 11 weeks.
Is this normal? I also don't seem to be able to feel my uterus..

GotToBeInItToWinIt Fri 28-Nov-14 14:09:47

Your uterus is hidden behind your pelvic bone until 12-13 weeks, when it will start to peek over the top. Symptoms vary from person to person and change constantly throughout pregnancy so I wouldn't worry smile.

Kungpowkitten76 Fri 28-Nov-14 16:06:10

Thanks. No one really tells you how stressful being pregnant is..

GotToBeInItToWinIt Fri 28-Nov-14 16:07:11

Sorry to say it doesn't get any less stressful... And then the baby is born and the stress gets a whole lot worse wink. Good luck with your pregnancy.

AdamLambsbreath Fri 28-Nov-14 17:52:39

Anecdotally, I think an easing of symptoms at about 9 weeks is very common.

All my symptoms - even sore boobs - started to go at 8 weeks and went completely by 9. Since then I've had nothing apart from being a bit more hungry and having fancies for certain foods. I'm 16 weeks tomorrow, and was listening to baby's heartbeat just a couple of hours ago smile

Those weeks just before the 12-week scan are very stressful. It's easy to say don't worry, but . . don't worry! What you're experiencing sounds fine. And yeah, you wouldn't expect to be able to feel your uterus at this stage. The first time anyone felt for mine was 14 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now