Talk

Advanced search

Bad SPD at 32 weeks - what helped you?

(5 Posts)
HenriettaTurkey Fri 28-Nov-14 13:02:24

So I am suffering pretty bad SPD & still have 2 months to go! The pain is getting worse daily, the physio says there's not a lot else she can do antenatally and I am thoroughly fed up.

I rest as much as possible, I have crutches to walk with, I do my pelvic floor exercises but I'm so sore.

Any sufferers with magic solutions out there?

BeginnerSAHM Fri 28-Nov-14 13:47:29

Hello - I sympathise... I have it and it was really bad from 28-34 weeks but I went to see an osteopath at about 32 weeks who really helped. I'm now 35 + 3 as it's still painful but nowhere near as bad. The nhs physio I eventually saw was useless.

Do you have a support belt? Serola is the best apparently. It helps me quite a bit but you probably need to see a good physio/osteopath/chiropractor to make sure it's right for you - it could just keep your pelvis in the wrong position.

There have been a few threads on this recently so do a quick search for tips. And have a look at the 'Pelvic Partnership' website for a lot of useful up to date information.

But, for me, finding a good osteopath was key. Worth £47 a go shock, in my opinion... Good luck!!

Sunbeam18 Fri 28-Nov-14 13:59:09

I saw a craniosacral therapist once and the SPD disappeared. It was around 30 weeks, I think. Feel for you - it's awful. I would totally recommend trying craniosacral. It's a very light touch so you can't imagine it would do much but it did for me

HenriettaTurkey Sat 29-Nov-14 09:15:29

Thanks for the advice - I'll have to look into whether I can afford to pay for treatment: money's pretty tight right now so will chat to DH about it.

Did anything help in your day to day life? I don't know how much to rest/move and if the pain is damaging or just, you know, painful!

BeginnerSAHM Sat 29-Nov-14 09:43:06

Rest!! I was signed off work. Not siting at a computer and not walking/commuting has helped. Only move when you are not in pain. And try 'cat' yoga/Pilates exercises - when you are on your hands and knees and arch you back. And do your pelvic floor exercises too. But, mostly, rest! (It's very boring but you don't want to make it worse - or increase the likelihood of it lasting after the baby is born...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now