Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby clicking in utero

(10 Posts)
dayspringjubilee Fri 28-Nov-14 10:51:45

OK, I'm 33 weeks today, and for the past few days baby's been making a clicking/popping sound. Just maybe once or twice a day. Definitely not me, definitely coming from inside, but sounds like a faint knuckle cracking. I googled this and nothing at all comes up from a medical website, but other mums have posted on message boards saying it's loose joints in your baby, amniotic fluid bubbles, etc. I mentioned it to my mom and she immediately said, 'Oh, that's just its bones.' Apparently it's pretty rare, but anyone else getting this? I guess Mom did too, maybe it runs in families?!

We've always called the baby "Flipper" and now I'm starting to feel like I'm carrying an actual dolphin...

StrangeGlue Fri 28-Nov-14 11:29:35

I have this, a bit like the noise/sensation if you rub two fingers very firmly past each other right? I think it's just them generally moving about as space gets tighter.

RNW Fri 28-Nov-14 11:59:21

I bet it's hiccups!!
My first child got them all the time I when I was pregnant with her....by the end of pregnancy she would have them at least 4 times a day!

ireallydontlikemonday Fri 28-Nov-14 12:12:48

Another vote for hiccupsgrin

stareatthetvscreen Fri 28-Nov-14 12:13:53

yy hiccups

DishwasherDogs Fri 28-Nov-14 12:16:42

I remember this!
It wasn't hiccups though, that was a very different feeling.
I don't think it's anything to worry about though, and I'm fairly sure it's a baby and not a dolphin grin

ivykaty44 Fri 28-Nov-14 12:17:54

sounds a bit fishy to me...

dayspringjubilee Fri 28-Nov-14 12:46:06

Mine isn't during hiccup movement, and it's definitely a click rather than a breath/mouth sound. Very startling the first time!!

Bellejessleo Fri 28-Nov-14 12:55:23

I also had this, only with my dd not my ds. I thought she may have been born with clicky hips but she wasn't. It always sounded like joints popping or something to me. I remembered googling it at the time and nothing very specific came up!

Thehedgehogsong Fri 28-Nov-14 12:57:40

I have this too, several times a day now. I thought it was my hip, but it's definitely inside. I googled it too. For the first time ever Dr Google let me down, I can't find anything on it! It's weird!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now