Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

is this normal????

(10 Posts)
bobbield88 Fri 28-Nov-14 09:42:07

I'm 6 weeks and just started with sickness and dihorea is this normal? Is it harmful to the baby? Any advice please

JuniperTisane Fri 28-Nov-14 09:48:22

Morning sickness doesn't usually come with diarrhoea so I would guess you have a tummy bug as well sad. Naff isn't it?

It isn't harmful to your baby at all, just make sure you don't get dehydrated so keep fluids up. Hopefully in a day or so you will feel better (and then, probably, worse again as pregnancy nausea sets in for real smile)

m33r Fri 28-Nov-14 09:54:16

This was my first symptom. Only happened twice so it might clear. Keep hydrated !

bobbield88 Fri 28-Nov-14 09:58:45

Thasks for your help xx

FruitBadger Fri 28-Nov-14 10:32:02

I never had morning sickness but did have an upset tummy a number of times in the first few weeks - I think the hormones just affect different people in different ways. On the plus side, I've not suffered from the constipation that so many people seem to get! X

weelamb123 Fri 28-Nov-14 15:19:10

I've had both, totally normal I'm afraid!

VikingLady Fri 28-Nov-14 15:24:15

Morning sickness with DD was a bit of nausea, some food aversions and mild diarrhea until 14w - some people do get it more at the wrong end!

Grinningcat Fri 28-Nov-14 15:28:33

I didn't have morning sickness, but did have alternating diarrhoea and constipation from 6 weeks through to 12 weeks. I even ending up having an early scan at 6.5 weeks as I was initally concerned about the pain I was in (which did conincide with a bit of spotting). Do get checked out if you are concerned or getting stressed about it, but for me it was totally normal. I'm 28 weeks tomorrow grin. Just keep hydrated.

ToAvoidConversation Fri 28-Nov-14 20:57:28

I had both. Bad diarrehea for weeks and then HG for weeks (5 months now and still medicated for it). My advice would be to get as hydrated as possible.

GotToBeInItToWinIt Fri 28-Nov-14 21:00:56

I'm currently 8 weeks and although typically you don't get diarrhoea with morning sickness, in both my pregnancies I had sickness and an upset stomach from about 5 weeks onwards. I remember googling it and panicking last time round. I think your digestive system basically goes a bit haywire at the beginning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now