Talk

Advanced search

Itchy, bumpy rash on neck, chest and arms - what next?!

(6 Posts)
makeitabetterplace Fri 28-Nov-14 00:11:27

Anyone else get a rash? It's SO ITCHY confused

Apparently I can't take antihistamines and it should go away once I've had the baby. In ten weeks. I can't believe how many crappy symptoms go with being preg!

ChineseFireball Fri 28-Nov-14 03:56:43

You can take some antihistamines but they have to be prescribed by a GP - a pharmacist is unlikely to sell them to you OTC. And the GP can prescribe you emollients as well to help with the itching. I had terrible pregnancy itching in my first pregnancy - totally sympathise. But it will go away, promise thanks

FruitBadger Fri 28-Nov-14 04:15:00

Sympathy OP, I'm just about keeping this under control at the moment with Piriton and steroid cream from the GP sad . Look up PUPPPS / PEP for a little more info, I've found oat baths and Aveeno skin products helpful but coal tar soap from Amazon seems popular too. Do talk to your MW and get a blood test done, as this can sometimes be a symptom of obstetric cholestasis X

makeitabetterplace Fri 28-Nov-14 09:43:37

A friend who's in a medical field and very into alternatuve remedies says it's my lymph glands trying to clear toxins and I should use Epsom salts in the bath but not to suppress it by taking steroids, anti histamines etc. I would dearly dearly love one day of feeling like a normal human again. I expect that day to come in about twenty years - what have I got myself into?!

weelamb123 Fri 28-Nov-14 15:16:40

Yes, me too. Itchy red rash between my boobs! 6+4

teejayem Fri 28-Nov-14 16:54:13

I had this around week 10 on my back, wrists, neck and calves. It was worse after a hot shower. I used Sudocream (Put it in the fridge!) and took piriton for about 4 days and it went away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now