Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ectopic?

(25 Posts)
Swanny84 Wed 26-Nov-14 20:51:29

So after feeling really poorly all day and spending day on couch (except to go to early bird session and school run). Just ran down, tired, odd twinges on right hand side, constant back ache, usually watery discharge and shoulder pain. Googled shoulder pain in pregnancy, no idea why I did to be honest. But said its a sign of ectopic. Rang gp for advice and they said to go to a&e, been and water sample still positive, bloods show I'm not anaemic and Dr said stomach feels soft which is good but he suspects an ectopic sad I'm back tomorrow to the gynae out patients for scan and bloods done again. I'm allowed home as stomach is soft he said but to go back if I bleed.
I've messaged my friend who's a gynae nurse and she said shoulder pains are usually by people who's tube has ruptured and they will just be airing on side of caution. Only pain that's bothering me is my back, it's constant. Anyone been through anything similar?

Swanny84 Wed 26-Nov-14 20:53:10

Forgot to add my stomach has been really swollen for days, I'm 6 weeks 2 days xx

FeatherFeather11 Wed 26-Nov-14 22:49:16

Hi swanny,
So sorry you're going through this. Would it be worth going to your local EPU and asking for a scan? At six weeks it'll be an internal, but it's the faster way to know what's going on. Did a&e take your bloods today? I'd imagine they want to compare your hcg levels between today and tomorrow. With ectopics, hcg levels usually fall or only rise a tiny but instead of doubling every day. Do go to epu if you can. They take it very seriously and will have you sorted straight away. Wishing you all the best. x

Swanny84 Wed 26-Nov-14 22:55:45

i have a scan tomorrow at 1.30 depending on my blood results. they took my bloods and said they'll do them tomorrow. I honestly didn't expect to be here to be honest. assumed youd lose blood and be in agony but ive since read some people get no symptoms and only find out at their scan. thank you xx

Tranquilitybaby Wed 26-Nov-14 22:58:25

Is your pain at the tip of your shoulders, where the shoulder ends and your arm begins. You generally get shoulder pain with a ruptured appendix and you would feel ill very quickly. If you suddenly get any bleeding or pain, go straight to A&E.
Speak to EPU in the morning and request then to do hcg bloods and scan you as they can from 6 weeks.

Thinking of you, from experience I know how scared you just be xx

Tranquilitybaby Wed 26-Nov-14 22:58:42

Ectopic not appendix!

Tranquilitybaby Wed 26-Nov-14 23:01:07

My symptoms were brown water discharge when I wiped. Constant dull ache on one side which then progressed to significant stomach and back pain that took me to hospital. I was scanned and in theatre within an hour.

Swanny84 Wed 26-Nov-14 23:07:58

Thank you that's exactly what my friend told me about the shoulder pain so I'm still hopeful. Only back ache is constant. Even when Dr pressed on tummy it didn't hurt was more uncomfortable, only clear discharge no blood. Trying to prepare myself for the worst but trying to stay positive. Been home maybe 2 hours and apart from odd niggles and back ache.
Sorry for your loss. Wish all pregnancies were positive ones xxx

Tranquilitybaby Thu 27-Nov-14 10:21:17

Thinking of you today, try to be positive, you don't have the classic symptoms at the minute so hopefully all will be ok x

Swanny84 Thu 27-Nov-14 10:58:04

Thank you, I'll keep you posted. That's what we're hoping xxx

Swanny84 Thu 27-Nov-14 14:03:04

We're still none the wiser sad hormones was only 837 so wouldn't scan, done internal observation and took swabs. Back tomorrow for more bloods taken and they'll take it from there. He said can't rule anything out sad

HazzaB89 Fri 28-Nov-14 05:04:17

Good luck with bloods today. They should scan you though as my levels were only 400 odd and they could tell it was ectopic as nothing in womb and the lining was not thick, they could just make out a 'mass' in my tube. My symptoms were brown bloody discharge for a week or so and then a pain in my side almost like a stitch that kept me from sleeping. Your gynae friend is bang on though in that shoulder tip pain (and it really is the tip of the shoulder, just before the arm, not near the neck) would be an indicator of rupture. What you have described is not my experience of an ectopic. Fingers crossed for you.

Swanny84 Fri 28-Nov-14 07:32:14

Thank you smile I'm really hopeful after reading your comment. So sorry for your loss. Xxx

Tranquilitybaby Fri 28-Nov-14 12:40:06

My levels at 6+2 were only 275, but they still scanned me and saw a mass in my tube.

Swanny84 Fri 28-Nov-14 13:15:30

According to midwife dates I am 6+4 but Dr yesterday said I could be earlier than that hence the low blood and said to see what bloods do today. I'm waiting to go in now, app is 1.30, I feel terrible today, no energy, sore throat and headache and losing brown discharge. Hoping it's just a bug and discharge is from internal scan. Just want to get sorted now. Hoping I get answers today really feeling fed up xx

Enaj30 Fri 28-Nov-14 13:30:42

Hope all goes well Swanny84, thinking of you x

Swanny84 Fri 28-Nov-14 14:50:30

Thank you, they sent me straight for scan. Pregnancy is there in the right place but was too early too see, the lady reckons 4-5 weeks. We're over the moon smile now waiting on bloods to be taken and hopefully they'll double. Thank you for all your support xxx

Tranquilitybaby Fri 28-Nov-14 14:53:29

Fingers crossed all is ok and you just ovulated late. Take it very easy but so far so good. X

Swanny84 Fri 28-Nov-14 15:35:04

Thank you. xx

HazzaB89 Fri 28-Nov-14 22:26:14

Brill news. Congratulations!

Swanny84 Fri 28-Nov-14 22:30:54

Thank you smile xxx

Tranquilitybaby Sat 29-Nov-14 20:40:18

Any updates swanny? X

Swanny84 Sun 30-Nov-14 18:40:15

Nope hosp never rang back with bloods and the clinic is only open mon-fri so they've told me to phone back then, so we're assuming all is ok and just got my dates wrong and are 4-5 weeks instead of 6-7 xxx

ToriB34 Sun 30-Nov-14 18:44:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Swanny84 Sun 30-Nov-14 19:20:55

Ooh I hope so. That would be good. I'm just praying it all goes well. Be more relieved at next scan smile xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now