Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it normal during early pregnancy?

(8 Posts)
Rish55 Wed 26-Nov-14 16:34:26

Hello again,

I'm pregnant, I'm guessing its a couple of weeks on (3/4wks)

*Would like to find out Isit normal to already start seeing the bump?
*Feeling uncomfortable lying on the stomache or any position while sleeping?

*Don't feel any movement, is that normal at this stage?
*No swelling feet, normal?
*Not feeling uncomfortable when sitting down or sitting on the floor, is that normal at this stage?

Going to see my doctor tomorrow first time after finding out we're pregnant.

Thank you xx

Foggymist Wed 26-Nov-14 16:46:26

If you see a bump this early it's bloat, not the baby. You won't see an actual bump caused by the baby until minimum 12 weeks, most likely later if it's your first pregnancy, as far as up to 20-24 weeks. I'm 18 weeks, no bump.

Some people might feel uncomfortable in some positions early on, not everyone though.

You most definitely won't feel movement now, at 3-4 weeks it's just a ball of cells that has just about implanted, it needs to have limbs, ability to move and be large enough for you to feel before you'll notice it, which again can be up to 22+ weeks. I'm 18 weeks, no movement (this is still early so I wouldn't expect it yet).

Why would your feet swell at 4 weeks?
Why would you feel uncomfortable sitting?

I would really suggest reading a bit about the stages of development, you seem to be expecting a lot of activity from something that is the size of a poppyseed!

Zahrah5 Wed 26-Nov-14 16:46:30

i think you migh have your dates off, 3/4 weeks is too short, how would you even know you are pg, your period would not be late yet? I am not sure if the test would show yet. The date counts for your last period.

Yes it is all normal, baby would measure just some millimeters.
Your bump is probably just bloating and gasses.
Lying on the front can be uncomfortable if your boobs are hurting or possibly swollen belly from constipation and bloating.

No movement, baby is only couple of cells.

SeaSaltMill Wed 26-Nov-14 16:47:50

TBH this early you are unlikely to feel much different, maybe some nausea, tiredness, but generally nothing else.

You wont feel movement because the 'baby' is only a embryo this early, the earliest I've heard of movement being felt is around 14 weeks.

The bump you see might be bloating which is a common early symptom.

Rish55 Wed 26-Nov-14 16:52:18

I'm really not sure on how many weeks as I last had a period on 26th Oct, but very light. But as my mum & nan both had on & off periods through out all there pregnancys I'm just thinking I could be pregnant from the month before.

Thank you for your advise though xx

Rish55 Wed 26-Nov-14 16:54:27

Thank you SeaSaltMill

Yes feeling tiredness, sore boobs, lower back pain & occasional cramping

Xx

KittyVonCatsington Wed 26-Nov-14 17:13:58

3/4 weeks is not to early to find out-remember that the first week of a cycle is week 0, Zahara smile

Feeling tired/fatigue, sore boobs, lower back pain, and cramping (especially AF/period type ones) are all perfectly normal. otherwise, I second what foggy and sea salt said grin

Congratulations Rish

Rish55 Wed 26-Nov-14 17:17:10

Thanks Kitty x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now