Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Very low hard cervix

(5 Posts)
pinkie1982 Tue 25-Nov-14 18:11:13

I don't know if it's good me coming on here or not...it makes you worry more!

My cervix is extremely low and hard. I'm 6+3, first midwife appt in 2 weeks.

I was trying to go to the loo (seem a little constipated) and -sorry if TMI!- trying to go was causing an uncomfortable feeling in lower abdo. This prompted me having a feel.now I'm worried.

Am I being silly? I've read a few threads where some peoples have gone up later in pregnancy. I had a few grouchy pains for a week or so when I found out. I want to buy another test.

PotteringAlong Tue 25-Nov-14 18:14:31

Stop feeling your own cervix! You are not a medical expert and, even then, no medial expert will (hopefully) need to go anywhere near your cervix until you're in labour.

Just try and relax a bit else it's going to be a long 9 months... smile

gamerchick Tue 25-Nov-14 18:19:11

It will feel like that. When you pop over the pubic bone it'll be high up.

Or you can shove everything up by having sex, your pelvic floor might be a bit weak.

pinkie1982 Tue 25-Nov-14 18:27:48

Thanks both. It's reassuring to hear it from others. Just let it take it's course...

I think I'm still shocked it's now. I fully expected to be trying for a year, not 5 weeks!

Still having regular sex so that deffo doesn't push up!

daholster Tue 25-Nov-14 22:04:23

Mine was like this at about 6 weeks. It disappeared back up as my uterus started to rise out of my pelvis at about 12 weeks. I thought it was weird... But I would say don't worry about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now