Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

sex in early pregnancy

(11 Posts)
weelamb123 Tue 25-Nov-14 18:10:18

Hi, I'm just 6 weeks pregnant with 2nd child & everything is worrying me so much so that ive told my hubby there's no sex for a few weeks yet. Am I being silly? ��

thesmallbear Tue 25-Nov-14 18:18:55

There's no reason why you can't have sex. My DP isn't getting any as I feel too sick, but if you're in the mood there's no reason why not. Unless you have a bleed, then speak to your midwife.

weelamb123 Tue 25-Nov-14 18:34:04

That's what I'm afraid of ��

ToriB34 Tue 25-Nov-14 18:37:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thesmallbear Tue 25-Nov-14 18:51:57

The sex won't cause a bleed. However, if you do get a bleed don't have sex until it's settled down. I hope that makes more sense smile

I'm also too tired to DTD as well as feeling sick. I'm hoping I get this second trimester hornyness so I can make it up to him grin

Alisvolatpropiis Tue 25-Nov-14 19:19:03

No you're not being silly.

Whilst I habent consciously opted to not have sex, I still haven't during the first trimester so far. I've felt bloody dreadful throughout and suspect my DH hasn't fancied the idea of waking me up of an evening when he's been in mood, as I've likely been asleep since about 8:30!

Hoping second trimester will see me feeling better and back to normal (ish).

weelamb123 Tue 25-Nov-14 20:12:36

Looking forward to second trimester then! ��

Swanny84 Tue 25-Nov-14 20:44:49

I've banned my dh from it too. I'm scared it causes me to bleed tho I've read there's no research to suggest this. Scary stuff this pregnancy malarkey ha ha xx

Brummiegirl15 Tue 25-Nov-14 22:03:25

I had sex with DP and then sadly had an MC the following day. I'm now pregnant again and was advised to avoid sex until 14 weeks. So no nookie for me!!

But I Had an MC and too scared to do anything else so I'll be waiting

Rebecca1608 Wed 26-Nov-14 08:24:06

I was having sex with my oh when I was 5 weeks pregnant for a week or so then I had 2 bleeds at 7 weeks with lots of pain went for my early scan which all came back ok and twins healthy so currently 9 weeks pregnant and my sex life is much more healthy which the oh is glad of (but I'm not really suffering from sickness or fatigue either) smile

DanyStormborn Wed 26-Nov-14 09:33:08

I bled quite a lot in early pregnancy and sex was one of the things that triggered it. But the bleeding from sex was only from irritating my newly larger and more sensitive cervix. We started having sex again in the second trimester and it didn't cause any bleeding then. But I wouldn't restrict sex in the first trimester unless you have had bleeding or it causes bleeding. If you are worried ask your midwife, I'm sure she'll reassure you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now