Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just got bfp but have symptom that is worrying me

(19 Posts)
allchatnicknamesgone Tue 25-Nov-14 17:39:48

Hello,

Had bfp yesterday (I reckon I'm about dpo16). Sorry about the tmi coming, but I'm having yellowy discharge. Can't find much literature about it in early pregnancy in google making me think it's not common. It's definitely yellow mix between watery and creamy. My cm often goes yellow before Af turns up. It's one of the tell tale signs I'm out that month.

Looking for reassurance that it can be normal please?

Got a doc appointment on Friday to get referral to midwifes, but feel silly to go any earlier as I'm not sure what it really means.

Hoping I'm going to get some replies here to make me relax a little….

Thanks

FluffyJawsOfDoom Tue 25-Nov-14 18:52:51

I'm 8 1/2w and have had lots of yellow mucous, I had a scan a week ago and all is fine x

SleepyMcgee Tue 25-Nov-14 18:56:19

I had the same and remember asking MW if it could be bacterial vaginosis ( which it wasn't, it was just normal discharge). My DD is 20 weeks old now and everything is fine.
Congratulations! smile

allchatnicknamesgone Tue 25-Nov-14 18:59:59

Phew. Thanks for replying both.
I think it's just that it reminds me so much of the cm I get before AF arrives, it's putting the shits up me.
x

SleepyMcgee Tue 25-Nov-14 19:03:09

I know, you never stop worrying either even when they are here! Enjoy your pregnancy, I do miss my bump just a little bit

leanne963 Tue 25-Nov-14 19:13:53

Another here to say 'don't panic' I had yellowy dis charge, got worried as everything online is saying 'normal' means white. So got a swab done and everything fine smile

allchatnicknamesgone Tue 25-Nov-14 20:34:42

Ok. Phew. Just need about 100 more people and I'll relax!

Woodenheart Tue 25-Nov-14 20:36:43

Relax Relax Relax flowers

Congrats grin

MistressKatherine Tue 25-Nov-14 20:54:30

I had the same! Was convinced there was something wrong but it went away. Don't worry!

Jodie1982 Tue 25-Nov-14 21:13:52

Yep I had lots of the same too, also was my sign of monthlies coming so like you I was always worrying.
You'll b fine Hun, pregnancy is nothing but a bloody worry especially waiting for 12wk scan, that's the worst bit that just drags by. Congrats n relax x

cakedcrusader Wed 26-Nov-14 00:52:58

All my early pg symptoms were exactly the same as af being about to arrive, at this stage your body is just reacting to a huge surge of hormones which it would be doing anyway if you weren't pregnant iyswim so it's hardly surprising that the symptoms are the same. It's easier said than done but try not to worry smile and congratulations!

allchatnicknamesgone Wed 26-Nov-14 08:45:35

I've just had brown bits mixed with cm. Do you think this means the start of MC cause AF going to come?
This is how AF starts. I'm really scared now.

ProbablyMe Wed 26-Nov-14 08:47:15

The brown bits could be related to implantation. Although this starts somewhere around 10dpo the process takes several days. Try not to worry too much.

harrowgreen Wed 26-Nov-14 09:08:38

If you're about 16dpo then you're past the really risky bit (when you get a positive before your period's due), since your period should have arrived by now.

So it's hugely likely that everything's embedded already and is just settling in for the next 35/6 weeks, and possibly dislodging stuff whilst it does - hence the brown (=old) blood.

Discharge is weird in pregnancy. Provided there's no (fresh) blood and it doesn't smell horrendous, chances are it's normal.

Congratulations!

allchatnicknamesgone Wed 26-Nov-14 09:10:33

I'm way past 10pdo.
I called docs. She said it could be early Mc or just a bit of spotting.
She said its too early to scan, so I just have to wait it out. She said if I have pain or heavy bleeding to go to EPU.
I know loads of women have spotting, but i can't bear the thought of this not working out. I'm going to fall apart.

allchatnicknamesgone Thu 27-Nov-14 09:22:48

I always hate it when I come across an unfinished thread so here's my update. It turned into heavy bleeding. So I've lost it early on. Very sad today.

annielewis Thu 27-Nov-14 09:52:46

Didn't want to read and run, I'm so sorry for your news allchat especially as your last comment said you'll fall apart.. sending you flowers and cake

ProbablyMe Thu 27-Nov-14 13:42:41

Very sorry for your loss x

SleepyMcgee Thu 27-Nov-14 22:02:10

Aw no I'm so so sorry x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now