Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Decreased fetal movement - when should I be worried?

(8 Posts)
larnieperty89 Tue 25-Nov-14 17:23:38

I am 25 weeks pregnant and have been feeling my baby moving at regular times of the day and night since about 19 weeks. I have been noticing though that the baby's movements still seem to be quite 'fluttery' and not very strong. Is this normal?

Also in the past 2 days I haven't been feeling him/her as much as I did before...I can feel them move probably about 10 times a day when before it might of been more like 40...should I be concerned?

Any response is greatly appreciated...you guys are all great! :-)

tak1ngchances Tue 25-Nov-14 17:25:06

Go see the midwives and get listened to/checked. It's always worth it for peace of mind and they really would prefer that you came in.

LesleyKnopeFan Tue 25-Nov-14 17:26:13

I'm sure it's fine but if you at all worried about anything, call your midwife/team for advice. Don't leave it. They'll prob ask you to go in and be monitored for a while. Much better to err on the side of caution.

I hope all is OK.

Allstoppedup Tue 25-Nov-14 17:29:49

I'm sure everything is ok but go and get it checked out.

The count the kicks campaign at the moment says that if you have any worries drs/midwives are happier to check and dispel the worries of an over cautious mum than the alternative.

For your peace of mind, get yourself checked over. flowers

PixieCake Tue 25-Nov-14 19:51:09

www.countthekicks.org.uk/mums/your-babys-movements/

LesleyKnopeFan Tue 25-Nov-14 21:57:36

How are you doing OP? Have you spoken to your midwife?

larnieperty89 Wed 26-Nov-14 00:22:23

Thank you for all your advice. Luckily I work in an ultra sound clinic so a sonographer had a listen into baby tonight & all seems wellsmile I'll speak to my midwife about not feeling any 'hard' kicks and see if she is concerned. Thanks to you all your all great

Allstoppedup Wed 26-Nov-14 10:17:45

Glad everything seems ok Larnie.

Good luck with your new squish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now