Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Maternity exercise clothes that don't cost a fortune?

(3 Posts)
Clarabell33 Tue 25-Nov-14 12:48:28

I'm struggling to find anywhere that does maternity exercise clothes, let alone at reasonable prices. Have found a few places online where bottoms cost £45+ which is at least three times what I normally spend. Ideally I need 2-3 pairs to save having to do a wash every day, but don't want to spend £100+ on exercise clothes that will be only worn for a couple of hours a time for a few months!

Normal maternity non-exercise leggings etc aren't a great solution - have tried and they don't stay up well for running/aerobics. Tops - less of an issue, I can wear baggy tshirts (or borrow DH's), but finding cropped or long exercise trousers is a real pain! I just want my normal stretchy bottoms with space for my bump sad Have also tried pulling it right up - not good wedgie and rolling the waistband down below my bump just meant they fell down more easily.

I have tried going up sizes in non-maternity - ok for a few weeks, but once I got a couple of sizes up, they were too big on legs and bottom so were still falling down!

Any ideas?

bananapuddles Tue 25-Nov-14 13:16:29

I just ordered a few bits from ASOS, who allow you to return items for free if they don't fit. Would any of these work?

m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/ASOS-Maternity/ASOS-Maternity-Exclusive-Lounge-Pants-With-Fold-Over/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2944050&cid=5813&Rf900=1520,4033&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=50&sort=-1&clr=Black&totalstyles=69&gridsize=3&un_jtt_v_frompage=0

m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/ASOS-Maternity/ASOS-Maternity-Lightweight-Slim-Jogger/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4329592&cid=5813&Rf900=1520,4033&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=50&sort=-1&clr=Navy&totalstyles=69&gridsize=3&un_jtt_v_frompage=0

m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/ASOS-Maternity/ASOS-Maternity-Exclusive-Lounge-Pants-With-Fold-Over/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=3840396&cid=5813&Rf900=1520,4033&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=50&sort=-1&clr=Navy&totalstyles=69&gridsize=3&un_jtt_v_frompage=1

bananapuddles Tue 25-Nov-14 13:33:44

My links don't seem to have worked, sorry! I just looked in the maternity section for joggers/lounge pants

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: