Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

so it turns out I'm having...

(11 Posts)
rightguard Tue 25-Nov-14 12:35:05

a boy smilegrin grin after 2 girls. is there anything I need to know?
and names. I need names. was convinced it was a girl, we were thinking cassidy or violet for a girl.
possibly Dylan for a boy? any more ideas?

ILiveOnABuildsite Tue 25-Nov-14 14:02:26

Congrats rightguard

No idea about what you need to know, I only had a dd but just wanted to say I have a cousin who has two older sister and he was adored and worshipped growing up by both his sisters. He is the loveliest man now and so close to his sisters it's really nice to see them all together. I think it's a nice order in which to have children, you are blessed.

I like Dylan, it's a nice name.

AnotherStitchInTime Tue 25-Nov-14 14:09:55

Congratulations thanks

I have the GGB combo too. Ds is adored by his older sisters. He is only a baby still, but I am hoping that he will provide some balance when the girly hormones start kicking in down the line.

Watch out for wee in the eye when you take the nappy off. I found undoing the tabs and just loosely holding the nappy front over for a few minutes before opening reduced the chances, but have a cotton pad or bit of loo roll to hand just in case.

pommedeterre Tue 25-Nov-14 14:11:25

I have a little ds after two girls! I am very shallow and am loving the new retail opportunities for the new colour scheme. Nothing unisex going on at all!

Jodie1982 Tue 25-Nov-14 15:00:46

Awww congrats. All I have to say is be very careful when changing his nappy! I was always dodging my boys pee pee! Lol
I had 2 girls n then a boy, it seemed to make it so much more exciting to me.
Congrats x

blackwidow74 Tue 25-Nov-14 16:14:02

When putting nappy on ALWAYS point that extra little bit downwards smile otherwise he will pee straight out the top of the nappy ... !! Congrants on your little blue bundle smile

dy14 Tue 25-Nov-14 21:13:25

Big congrats to you! I have two boys and 13 weeks pregnant with 3rd and really hoping for girl grin I agree definitely be careful when changing them like a hose ha ha ! All the best grin grin grin grin

DanyStormborn Wed 26-Nov-14 09:53:11

My mum had two girls then a boy. My sister and I loved having a little brother (and still do!). The annoying bit was when mum changed his nappy he could pee across a room - don't do what she did and change his nappy in his sisters' bedroom, he peed on the book that I was reading when it was in my hands once and I was ten feet away! I was a tomboy so hand me down clothes and toys still worked fine except my mum sometimes dressed him in my old leggings - love those pictures now! Dylan is a great name. I must say remembering how cute my little brother was as a toddler made me always imagine having a baby boy but surprise this one is a girl!

birdofthenorth Wed 26-Nov-14 11:49:37

Congrats! Dylan is really lovely. Such a nice sound to it. Manly but gentle!

Boys wee on you more during nappy changes! That's probably the categorical difference! My DS is more physically active and occasionally more thuggish but also much more cuddly and loving than DD but that could be due to many things other than his gender I'm sure.

bubalou Wed 26-Nov-14 12:01:55

Big congrats smile

I have a 6 year old DS and I just love him so much (as we all do with our kids).

I'm now PG with dc2 and don't mind at all what I have. However a girl is scary after being mum to just a boy for so long.

Boys are awesome. Clothes are fun, lots of dinosaurs grin definitely agree with the peeing 'up' thing.

DS used to have his nappy changed whilst he was sleeping - don't be shocked that even from being just weeks old they will have ...erm...their parts will face skyward when woken up.

It's weird but it's just a physical thing and it continues forever - my 6 year old went for a wee whilst literally asleep the other night bless him and DH had to go and clean up the bathroom as the poor boy had wee'd everywhere but the toilet!!! wink

coolcat135 Wed 26-Nov-14 19:49:48

Dylans lovely congrats my boy was named keagan if anther its oscar xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now