Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Are false negatives that common??

(15 Posts)
Mrsgentle2014 Mon 24-Nov-14 22:54:24

Are they?
Only because I'm day 49 and nothing. In the last week I've had light cramping over the left hand side. Over the past 2 days, light brown discharge when I wipe (sorry! Tmi!) and then it stopped. I'm overly emotional, my skin has erupted, I'm so bloated I look about 5 months gone... But no AF and BFN?
What is going on?

Swanny84 Tue 25-Nov-14 10:01:55

I think you need to go to doctors. Sorry if I seem rude and I certainly don't want to upset you but you need to get looked at to rule out an ectopic. hope everything is ok xxx

junkfoodaddict Tue 25-Nov-14 10:29:01

Yes I would se GP and rule out ectopic pregnancy but also yes, false negatives are common. I have had so many false negatives it is unreal! I had a false one in my first pregnancy and if it wasn't for me visiting the GP about another reason and mentioning a late pregnancy, I wouldn't have known until I was almost 10 weeks gone! Also with this pregnancy (23 weeks now) I got a few false negatives with tesco and first response (second time with first response!) but I knew my symptoms were pregnancy and a clear blue digital gave me my positive.

Mrsgentle2014 Tue 25-Nov-14 11:51:39

At work all day today.. I'm a nurse. So plenty of doctors around smile sharp stabbing pain over the left hand side that goes through to my back... Feeling a little queasy but can't tell if that is just because I'm hungry. I'm bloody freezing as well! The doctor is gonna do my bloods though, she is a star!
Had a false negative and didn't show positive until I was 9 weeks the first time round. Some old blood but nothing to even fill a pad!

Swanny84 Tue 25-Nov-14 15:26:22

Good luck with bloods. Hopefully all will be well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you smile xx

Mrsgentle2014 Tue 25-Nov-14 20:21:56

Lab refused my bloods... so I am back to square one! Pain still there, brown discharge still happening. Felt waves of sickness during the day. I dont want to feel like i am overreacting..?? but Im not sure whether to get an out of hours appointment with my GP?? OR just wait for the morning, to see how I go?

Swanny84 Tue 25-Nov-14 20:41:23

Awww what a carry on. Phone nhs direct for advice chick. Xx

Mrsgentle2014 Tue 25-Nov-14 20:45:30

yeh, think I may have too sad I shall keep you updated!

Swanny84 Tue 25-Nov-14 21:01:24

Really hope everything works out for you xxx

Mrsgentle2014 Tue 25-Nov-14 21:07:20

Thank you - got a doctors appointment this evening to work it all out. fingers crossed! smile

Swanny84 Tue 25-Nov-14 21:21:30

Brilliant, good luck ��

jb91xx Wed 26-Nov-14 08:15:12

How did your appointment go op?

Mrsgentle2014 Wed 26-Nov-14 08:41:16

I've been admitted to hospital - at about midnight last night. Feeling really nauseous and sore today. They took bloods and wanna do a few scans today to check for ectopic sad

jb91xx Wed 26-Nov-14 14:55:28

I'm sorry to hear that fingers crossed for you that they find another explanation x

Swanny84 Fri 28-Nov-14 08:32:17

How are you Hunny? Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now