Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone else needed maternity clothes early on in pregnancy?

(17 Posts)
Rebecca1608 Mon 24-Nov-14 19:36:48

I'll be 9 weeks pregnant on Friday and feel like I'll only have a couple of weeks left in my usual clothes. Only usually a size 10-12 but I feel like I've ballooned. I'm gonna have 2 good size babies I think!!! grin x

slightlyinsane Mon 24-Nov-14 20:31:02

It was around 6 wks when I couldn't do my jeans up with the twins. I found I expanded lower than with my singleton if that makes sense. Congrats on the twins what type are you having?

Rebecca1608 Mon 24-Nov-14 20:36:12

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. I've not gone big everywhere just my legs and belly. I thought I was the only one lol. I've already put a couple of lbs on. I'm having identical twins, so they think smile I had an early scan and they seem to be sharing everything and look as though they're in the same sac. You?

slightlyinsane Mon 24-Nov-14 20:40:16

Have they said momo twins?? I've got 6 month old id girls who are hard work but truly amazing.
I put on a reasonable amount of weight with them but the majority turned out to befluid retention.

eurochick Mon 24-Nov-14 20:43:06

I bloated a lot early on but it went down a bit around 12-14 weeks, and then a bump started to appear after that. I only had one in there though!

I put on about 10lbs in the first tri. I could only stomach carbs and being hungry made me nauseous. The weight gain levelled out after that though.

TheScenicRoute Mon 24-Nov-14 20:49:36

Yes, I was in maternity pants by week 8. It was all bloating and trapped wind. Delightful.

Rebecca1608 Mon 24-Nov-14 21:05:07

It's hard to tell whether they are for definite because the scan wasn't very clear it was only last week I had a scan due to a "suspected ectopic pregnancy" scare. The lady doing my it just said they seemed to be id unless there was something thin separating them that she couldn't quite see? Awww I love id twins. I only wanted 2 kids anyway so I've got them both together now. Lovely.

That's just how I feel bloated and full of wind. Hopefully I'll lose the weight pretty quickly. At first I was eating everything in sight but that's died down now and I'm eating little healthy and often so hopefully my weight will level out after a few more weeks too. I'm gonna have a waddle and a half LOL grin

slightlyinsane Mon 24-Nov-14 21:22:44

They originally thought mine were non id then the hospital contacted me because after having another look they were actually id. When's your next scan? Which hospital are you at

Rebecca1608 Mon 24-Nov-14 21:28:12

Awww how lovely and yours are at a nice age now too. I have no idea. I'm seeing my midwife on Wednesday. Hopefully it'll be before Christmas so I can tell people but I've had 2 scans in a week (last week) due to scares so I don't know whether it'll be that soon. Will I have more scans with twins?! I'm at ysbyty gwynedd hospital.

slightlyinsane Mon 24-Nov-14 21:38:54

Your where??? 6 months has it's own challenges, yes they are happy smiley starting to play with toys but then you get the rolling on to their fronts and not being able to roll back grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Rebecca1608 Mon 24-Nov-14 21:46:18

Awww ye, fun Times ahead ey. I'm going to need to make sure I've got plenty of energy. Ha ha ysbyty gwynedd it's in Wales!

muddylettuce Tue 25-Nov-14 12:18:46

Yes, at 6 weeks. This is my second baby though. With first not until second trimester. Embrace it, I living my over the bump jeans, sooo cosy! X

Rebecca1608 Tue 25-Nov-14 17:50:40

I'm gonna look into it I wanted to stay in normal clothes for as long as possible but I need a bigger size then they're huge in other parts but if I got maternity in my size I'd look and feel better.

slightlyinsane Tue 25-Nov-14 17:55:34

Hi, I have sent you a pm x

Rebecca1608 Tue 25-Nov-14 19:28:49

I got it thanks, I didn't realise. was it about that post?! X

Peaceloveandbiscuits Tue 25-Nov-14 19:47:02

I've been in elasticated waists since 8 weeks! Think you're super bloated at the beginning. Just be comfortable and to hell with fashion!

Rebecca1608 Tue 25-Nov-14 20:02:20

That's how I feel bloated constantly. I'm living in leggings but I'd like a nice pair (or atleast a pair) of jeans that fit properly lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now