Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

6w+4 - not many symptoms?!

(18 Posts)
TTCMrsF Mon 24-Nov-14 18:28:29

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask how many others are having a relatively easy start to pregnancy?

I'm not really getting many symptoms...
-No real nausea to complain off (still eating everything I want / like)
-No weird smells / taste changes
-No real achy boobs (slight tender nipples)
-Not really mega tired

Worst I'm getting is tummy cramps which come and go (last 2 weeks) and bad bloating / wind. Might be getting touch of constipation now too.

But am I just lucky (or it could still kick in yet)?! I worry as I want more sighs to def tell me my body says I'm pregnant! Just took x2 tests and strongly positive!

Booking apt not til 9th Dec so scan won't be booked til after xmas I bet. Prob pay for early private scan on 9th Dec when We'll be off work in afternoon for booking apt as I'll be 8.5wks then. So hope to see a heart beat for reassurance. Then proper dating scan in new year.

Thoughts? X

bobbield88 Mon 24-Nov-14 18:34:16

I'm the same I'm 5w+4 and I've had the tummy cramps that come and go today my boobs are a bit more sensitive but nothing major infact today I feel Luke I have loads of energy by first appointment is 12 th of Dec xx

Lunastarfish Mon 24-Nov-14 18:35:09

Before 6 weekd+4 I was like you, just slightly sore boobs and heart burn. On that day morning sickness kicked in big time and boobs are killing me - so wait! That said, there are plenty on here who will confirm that not everyone had pregnancy symptoms. I don't have that metallic taste or darkening nipples

TTCMrsF Mon 24-Nov-14 18:39:00

I know I shouldn't worry and hope it lasts like this (fingers crossed), as I have a busy job and 1hr commute so could do without the sickness type stuff! Maybe it's just my lower digestive system that's suffering so far then. She says with itchy tingly nipples... grin

Mrsgentle2014 Mon 24-Nov-14 18:40:46

This is really strange... I'm 3 weeks late, no BFN but all the same symptoms as you! SO bloated, tummy cramps and on and off brown spotting for a week. But nothing else. At all. But then, my first pregnancy, I had nothing but bloating.. Everyone is SO different I think. X

babyblabber Mon 24-Nov-14 18:43:18

Some people never have symptoms so it's nothing to worry about

Zahrah5 Mon 24-Nov-14 18:44:23

Hi

I didnt have many symptomps either. At first, I had them thats why I did the test and then they went away. I was also concerned, went to the nurse and to the GP but they did nothing. There is no point of doing extra pg tests as they test hormone levels in your blood and it might take a while for hormones to return to normal if something went wrong. It is very individual with symptoms so do not worry.

If you did not have bleeding your chances are better. And cramps are good also, as far as they are not crazy strong, but just just like period cramps.I also had bloating like crazy and constipation.

Truth is, no one will tell you, only scan. Booking appt is garbage, they take your blood pressure, weight, but nothing to really check the pregnancy.

Some of the symptoms came back for me later, they were some days on and some off. Got a private scan at 10 weeks which helped me tremenderously (was not booked for NHS scan until 15 weeks)

You just need to wait it out quite a bit more and then get private scan, see the heartbeat, after there is heartbeat the chances are much better.
Fingers crossed.
Remember it differs from women to women.

Goingintohibernation Mon 24-Nov-14 18:44:42

I was the same as you, although it's a few years ago now. I had nothing apart from very slightly sore boobs at 6 weeks. I got absolutely floored by tiredness and some sickness at about 8 weeks. I was fine again after a few weeks of that though, and had a pretty easy time throughout my pregnancy. Hopefully you will be similar! Congratulations.

TTCMrsF Mon 24-Nov-14 19:47:42

Thanks all, yes I intend to just be grateful of this! And keep my fingers crossed it stays a nice easy pregnancy. Cramps are only ever mild and just come and go a few times a day / night. No bleeding etc, just nice normal CM. So nothing to be worried about. I shall look forward to my off bouts of them as signs this are growing and baby is developing.

1st trimester just seems like so much waiting for first apt's or scans. Just want to know all is going well and it's indeed real and happening (a scan pic or seeing a heartbeat will help)! Will book a private scan for as late as I can hold out (but before xmas) so that we have a fab xmas pressie (of extra reassurance!).

hopefull2424 Mon 24-Nov-14 20:38:37

Im 6 weeks plus 2 days and I could have written exactly the same post. The only thing im suffering with at the mo is massive bloating at the end of the day, heartburn after eating anything and feeling a bit more lethargic we should enjoy it whilst it lasts.with my ds at 7 weeks nausea hit and it was awful xx

Toucanet Tue 25-Nov-14 00:31:31

Yes just enjoy lack of symptoms, you can't read anything into it.
Like you I've only really had hard/tender nipples. Worried as lost my 1st pg with few symptoms that 2nd was the same and did indeed lose that too - so thought lack of symptoms a bad sign - but 3rd is also same, but now got to 19 wks and developing occasional ligament pains make me think this one might make it.
A friend had no symptoms throughout her 1st pg and just had a healthy baby, hope it will be the same for you!

TinyMonkey Tue 25-Nov-14 10:19:01

I had no symptoms during my first trimester apart from sensitive nipples, a little bloating, the usual crampy feelings. No sickness or nausea at all. It was a bit worrying at the time as I'd had an mmc the year before, but am now 38 weeks and grateful I had such an easy ride! Good luck, I'm sure it's all fine.

usernamefeefifoe Tue 25-Nov-14 14:52:47

Hi,

I posted a similar post at 18 weeks! No real symptoms at all - boobs a tiny bit sore at the start but that was for a few weeks only. Since then all I had notice was very bad wind, and would get constipated quite often. Not symptoms you like telling people when they innocently ask how you are. But I know the feeling as I was hoping for some little symptoms to let me know everything was going ok. Sometimes you feel you are missing out by not having symptoms but you just have to roll with it. Keep happy and healthy and let nature take it course into this crazy journey we are on.

I am now at 20 weeks, had my scan this morning grin! And all is well, moving like crazy on the screen but I still can't feel much.

I think everyone is anxious whether they have symptoms or not, mums to be with symptoms would rather not have them, and mums to be without symptoms would love some! Its the way it goes it seems.

Good luck with it all! xx

LovelyWeatherForDucks Wed 26-Nov-14 19:35:25

I'm 6wk+3 and same here, just slightly sore boobs and a bit bloated and uncomfy. But this is DC2 and it was much the same last time. I am counting down the days til my booking in appt (3 weeks) and scan (new year I guess) so this can finally feel real!

coastergirl Wed 26-Nov-14 23:17:02

I'm now nearly 24 weeks and have hardly had any physical symptoms throughout. Had sore boobs in the first trimester (but later on i think) but no sickness or nausea at all.

ChickenMe Wed 26-Nov-14 23:29:22

At that stage I did not have sickness or nausea...oh no, I was cooking all these super healthy meals and feeling smug. And about two weeks later I could only eat potatoes as I felt so vile!! But everyone is different. Loads of people don't have any sickness.
I was bloated, as you are.

Rumplestrumpet Thu 27-Nov-14 09:02:13

Thanks so much for this post OP and PPs. I'm 7wk+3 and have had no symptoms and was terrified it meant something was wrong. I've almost been making myself sick worrying about lack of nausea! It's so reassuring to hear of successful, healthy pregnancies with this start. I'll relax now and enjoy the lack of symptoms for as long as it lasts!!

pinkie1982 Thu 27-Nov-14 13:09:28

Sounds like we are in the same boat. I am today 6wk+5, I have bloating and wind, slight constipation. The last three days I have had a fleeting moment of nausea but it was stronger today - I have just eaten to be on the safe side, I didn't feel hungry this morning just quesy.
My first appt is on 10th Dec.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now